Hello from Oceanic | AERIS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Search for MDAC 2.8 SP1 update - do this at your own risk!!! it can mess other things up in the process, as any update!
Be sure to create a system restore point.

If you feel you can't take the risk of reinstallation of the computer, don't do it, wait for oceanic support to help you.

thanks for the update, i will perform the MDAC update and see what comes of it (as for the language thing - i use english for all of them).

hopefully Oceanic has some idea's, cause i have newer updates on my main PC than one of the laptops the software works successfully on (one laptop is kept up to date just the same as my main home PC, the other laptop stopped being updated from SP1 or maybe SP2, but i dont perform updates regularly on that laptop, its just a backup laptop) very strange that its the one computer i NEED it to work on that it does not :-(

well, its all fixed now, thanks to Sven from Diving Log and a proggy/script from Randem Solutions. It appears a problem i had with Diving Log was the same problem causing issues with Oceanlog, and the program auto roll backs the MDAC's, JET 4 etc etc and updates them automatically, in a way that can only be described as painful if you were to perform this manually yourself (start by un-installing XP SP2, updating all the necessary MDAC, ODBC, VB Runtimes then re-installing SP2 and keeping your fingers crossed the whole time). If anyone has a similar issue, lookup google for Randem and their MDAC solutions etc. Cannot thank Sven enough for fixing two problems with the one stone, his promptness is heroic, as is his product.

Thanks Doug for taking a look into the problem(s) i had, I think Oceanic products are pretty darn great, but oceanlog still needs a bit of work IMHO (and google shows im not alone in that department :wink: ) its good to have a representative present on the boards! now if only Aeris in Australia could hurry up fixing a few things, that would darn well make my Year, and its only March! :D

My wife and I are new divers and new Aeris customers.
I purchased an Aeris Caribe BCD for my wife as her first BC.
It hasn't arrived yet and we're anxiously awaiting.
Got a great deal and look forward to many happy trips with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom