hello from pr

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kieron

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
ok i am fairly new to diving but it fits like a glove....

i go out almost every weekend....

mostly reefs so far and one wreck...that was awsome this weekend i will be in the advanced class, for my first night dive... i heard the freeks come out at night cant wait to see what i see....

unfortunately i am moving to alaska in sept., thought i would hang up my fins for a while but a buddy has a brand new dry suit that doesnt fit him.... so i guess i will be getting into coldwater diving soon... at least i will be able to say "been there done that"....

other than that not much going on, my insturctor claims i will dvelop gills if i keep going out as much as i do, i am hoping he is right as this gear is killing my bank account....

nice to meet yall

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like youve been having fun -- enjoy the warm water while you can! :D

i am for sure, i really hate the cold but duty calls so i must suffer it for a while...i'll be running back to S. FL as often as i can though...

we leave for the west coast of PR about 2 pm...tomrrow morning we start diving....

i bought an eco flare PML, says it is a contant on area light and a red led flashing PML....mine only seems to do the red flashing and the darn thing doesnt have directions...gonna be making friends with google today :lol

also made my first strictly scuba purchase.... oceanic veo 250 navcon....

everything i have bought before this has been personal gear....

now i just need to convince my friends to get the reg/octo/bc

Welcome to SB
And to Diving...West cost of PR has some of the best diving. I'll be doing Parguera next week.

next weekend i am hopefully going back to st thomas....the whitt shoal wreck was off the hook... and sail rock looked like another planet...

smilies-41093.png

Post on our Alaska forum about your dry suit. They can suggest thermals, gloves, etc. :wink:

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Always good to try a Search before starting a new thread, tho :search: - click here for Search help, and be careful about posting Threads & Replies before reading the Sticky threads at the tops of most forums. PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

Welcome to Scubaboard. Good to have you with us. This is a great place to find local divers and all things that relate to diving. Enjoy the forums.

thank you all for the welcomes...

Passed my advanced course this weekend
covered:
Underwater photography
Navigation
Search and recovery
Night Dive
Deep Dive

Nitrogen Narcosis is scary because its not scary....I can see how it gets people into trouble...

As far as forum etiquette thanks for the heads up but i have been on motorcycle forums for years so I have seen many get flamed for breaking etiquette, I learn well from other mistakes...

search is you friend :lol

Back
Top Bottom