Hello from the Deep Blue!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nobody is rude to you. We are just concern.

On OW they tell you not to go deeper than 18 m (60ft).
Change your computer in ft if you are not used to m for next time!!!

You had a 6 min stop at 9 m and 26 min at 3 m. This is a typical very deep dive deco’s stops done by people how have hundred's of dives in the notebooks. I would say that most of the diver never saw a safety stop at 9 m.

When your computer start telling you that you are going soon to be out of a no deco dive, it is better to start slowly to ascent. Getting at the end of the dive a couple of minutes of deco at 3 m is OK but what you had is much too much!!!

Good you had a computer and could follow the safety deco steps and still have air in your tank…

For your own safety and your buddy don’t do such diving anymore till you really become a “master” in the art of diving, got some more certificate but more than anything many many more dives.
I do thing that you have learn your mistake in reading what other divers told you.

Hope we will hear from you a less scary dive experience next time.

Enjoy again the UW world and dive SAFE.

Alla prossima

Yikes!

There's already enough said about how dangerous your diving profiles could be even to a more experienced diver. I would just chime in that the concern these more experienced divers have is that as a community of divers, nobody here wants to be reading about you in the accidents forum.

Let me echo what the folks said above. No disrespect was intended. It's just that the dive profiles you described would be sobering to a very experienced diver.

You're part of the Scubaboard family now, and we want to have you around for a long, long time!

Take care,
Grier

Just joined the forum and I have just qualified as a Open Water Diver and done 8 dives I am doing my 9 and 10 this weekend!
Congratulations! I am unfamiliar with your certifying agency, but hope you continue your education. Where are you diving? Perhaps you can drive to a nearby city that offers diving courses.

Its very dark and with luck your hands lands on something!
Did you use a light, primary and secondary, or were you referring to low visiblity? UK (underwater kinetics) makes some nices lights, and Princeton Tec sells some good entry level lights.

I have MARES equipment so I should be OK and I am very confident in water!
As a new diver, you are also new to your equipment. The brand of equipment will not make you OK or not OK. Knowing your equipment (reading your computer manual and understanding how it works) and testing your equipment will help you become a better diver. With time, you will also come to understand what features you like your equipment to have, which is what differentiates brands. They all do the same basic functions and are all reliable (depending on the type of usage, but I refer to what you should be diving with your "permit" at 60 ft and shallower in recreational diving)

The Deepest we have been is 60 meters and that was the last dive we made!
Good God! Don't have to reiterate. Please change the computer to feet/imperial and don't pass 60'. I like the idea of a hunk in the diving business.

I had some problems with my regulator that became very hard to breath out of and we needed a bit more air during the last deco stop on 3 meters my buddy had to cut it 2 minutes short since my octopus took in water and was solking when I came up since I added 2 minutes dive time on him!
This, so you know, could be due to depth, or cold. With the depths you were diving, no wonder your reg had trouble. Regs also have purposes for diving, those for cold water, those with fine tuning, those for deep water. Your reg should serve you well for recreational diving, 60' and shallower.

I am addicted to this sport and want to become an Instructor I will let you guys know how I get on!
I would love for you to continue your training, slowly, and increasing your knowledge by reading this forum, Dive Training, (Get DAN insurance now, please!) Alert Diver, other forums. Good instructors explain fully and take the time to ensure you understand the material. Practice more. I'd love to hear how you do!

Scuba Hunk:
Oh **** so I have been really lucky then!

Yep, Pilgrim - I'd say I'm surprised you're still with us living folks. Damn!

Hey, welcome to SB, but you have got to be a lot more careful here. As said before, you need to work with Feet or Meters - one or the other, then change your computer to whichever you prefer, then stay above 60 ft or 18 meters for a while. Damn! I'm an aggressive diver with 200+ dives, and you've already been much deeper than I'd think about going, and incurred a heck of a lot more DeCom time...

I have MARES equipment so I should be OK and I am very confident in water! The Deepest we have been is 60 meters and that was the last dive we made! I had some problems with my regulator that became very hard to breath out of and we needed a bit more air during the last deco stop on 3 meters my buddy had to cut it 2 minutes short since my octopus took in water and was solking when I came up since I added 2 minutes dive time on him!

Mres is a good brand, but your reg is also not qualified for those very deep dives, obviously. Have you had it repaired since the accident...?!

So, where are you, anyway? Please complete your Profile ASAP, and be sure to included that there. If you need help, PM me.

Maybe I was missinformed on my OW course and got the Ft and meters mixed up could they have ment don't dive past 60ft as a OW? My computer is in meters and we had a total time of 67 minutes on our 60 meter dive. We ended up with 6 minutes on 9 meters and 26 minutes on 3 meters!

We don't mean to be rude, but many of us are worried, and therefore maybe a little blunt. Your computer required 6 minutes of DeCom at 6 meters and 26 more at 3 meters?! Damn! That's extremely aggressive diving for an experienced diver, and all you have is a "Learners Permit." I have a few more cards than you, for example, and there's no way I'd dive like that without Technical Training. How big of a tank are you diving to have that much air. You are also not qualified to be doing poor viz diving, which I gather you have been doing? Damn!

{Uh, are we being trolled, fellas'...?}

Hey, I hope you'll stay in touch if you are for real so we won't worry about whether you are alive or not. But I'm going to ask a Moderator to move this to New-To-Scuba, or maybe Accidents, where you'll get more help.

DandyDon:
{Uh, are we being trolled, fellas'...?}
I've already suggested this in another thread where Scuba Hunk was posting. It almost sounds like he knows exactly what he is doing because everything he's posting seems to be the exact opposite of what you should be doing with the equipment and experience he has stated.

Maybe he's a member of the board under some other name and he's just having fun?

I wonder? Is there a way that the Mod's can check IP addresses and see where they are coming from?

Scuba Hunk:
I took my Open Water with a German guy on Holiday.
..snip..
It says DiveInn on the papers I have so I recon that is the organization!

Just out of curiosity, is your card IRTDA?
Site: http://www.diveinn.de/start.htm

This was the only DiveInn I found in Germany.
If so the qualification is only good for 15m.

Welcome Aboard!!!

It's addictive, but who cares?!?!?

Good friends and good info. What could be better???

P.S. - If you have not already done so, please fill out your profile.

Be careful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom