Hello from Western Pennsylvania

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RangerRich:
Umm yeas, equipment has changed a bit. Actually mostly in the area of computers, when I was into diving last the Orca was all the rage, it wasn't air integrated and was about the size of a brick :11: My new Cobra does everything the Orca did and way more.

The other thing that struck me was in the areas of BCs, the new wing style like the Zeagle Ranger makes a LOT of sense. Back in the day some people were still using the old horse collars with a backback. The newest thing out then was the jacket BC.

DIN valves are new, Enriched air recreational diving is new.

Nothing much has else changed equipment wise.
Easy does it there, you're makin' it seem like eons ago :11: :D (smilies are back!) It's pretty incredible the amount of additional bottom time you can get with Enriched Air. Not sure how much (if any) you heard about it.......less nitrogen absorbtion=increased bottom time. #1 safety concern with more than 21% oxygen (regular air) it limits your depth, according to your mix. A li'l bit more complicated dive planning. On the down side, there's a few air hogs that may not benefit from the extended time! :10:

Lil38:
Easy does it there, you're makin' it seem like eons ago :11: :D (smilies are back!) It's pretty incredible the amount of additional bottom time you can get with Enriched Air. Not sure how much (if any) you heard about it.......less nitrogen absorbtion=increased bottom time. #1 safety concern with more than 21% oxygen (regular air) it limits your depth, according to your mix. A li'l bit more complicated dive planning. On the down side, there's a few air hogs that may not benefit from the extended time! :10:

Yes, I am really looking forward to ENx diving! My next 2 classes are Enrished Air and Dry Suits, I hope to get them in this year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom