Hello From Wisconsin!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone dove Lake Geneva in the summer? I know its a boat only dive, no shore diving permitted. Just wondering if anyone has done this within the last few years.

jimini®

You should try the guys at Fontana Outdoor sports. Fontana WI
They do dives in Lake Geneva.

CheddarChick:
You should try the guys at Fontana Outdoor sports. Fontana WI
They do dives in Lake Geneva.

That's one of my favorite stops when travelling in Cheeseland.

West of the Abbey and just South of the Giant Toad.
Around the back, downstairs.

Very friendly bunch.

Shore diving is okay if you have legal shore access. The real trick in Geneval Lake is to find aerials of the old piers for the forgotten estates. That's where the servants would wheel out the heavy garbage (bottles and ?) and give it the deep six. Excellent pickings for the trowel crowd.

Fontana store had a group that located the burned stern wheeler maybe 20 years ago. I think it was way deep out in fronmt of Stone Mnaor on the east end. Dunno.

I'm too old to be cold, Geneva? I go there to by my cheese curds now.

Hi Cheddar Chick, love that screen name. You really should give wreck diving in the big pond a try. You are diving the quarries already, Michigan in the summer is not really much colder than the quarries....
What kind of Harley do you ride? All this talk about winter... I'm ready for diving and riding season :D

Welcome to the Board!! I like your turtle pic!! You could layer or go dry to dive the lakes!! I dive here in NH+ME (36F) wet but slightly layered and I'm nice and toasty ( after that initial "OH MY GAWD!!" inrush of H2O...)... ; )!!

Hi, welcome to the board . It has been a while for me but I hope to be a regular again.

Ok the last of the ice is gone so that means the temp is about 45*, the vegetation is not 12' tall, vis is about 15' Let's go!!!! Wait.....yup, the wimp in me is winning the war. Dennis, I have a '03 Superglide..My other love. Why are all the fun things in life expensive?

Because the things that suck, nobody wants!
DIVE DIVE DIVE!!!

Chick, you are right about diving and riding. Between the two, that IS summer for me. Nice ride, I just got done bolting up some HD (hundred dollar:wink: ) accessories to my '05 Low Rider. I dove with a guy a while back that trucked all his dive gear to the dock in a trailer behind a bagger. Now that would be perfect, combine the two :D . It is always a challenge to figure out where to spend my mad money, diving or the bike, but it always works out in the end. Get out there and dive, OK!

LOL...Hunnert Dollers... Not near enough. Good visual. I can see his gear bouncing off the trailer as he tries to ride to some of the places we've been diving to get close enough to not die of a heart attack hauling gear, All while not getting dust on the ride...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom