Hello, technical diver developing diving apps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

^ increasingly and thankfully less and less common as education and quality of education broadens, especially in terms of things like gas density

It is precisely due to those issues that sticking with standard gasses is a better approach to real world tech diving. I have done enough gas blending to know that using the same few mixes every time is easier and reduces the risk of errors. That applies regardless of whether you're mixing from scratch with empty tanks or topping off. The standard mixes have pretty wide safe depth ranges so changing dive sites is no problem. Standards mixes also make it easier to change dive buddies since you can expect everyone to bring the same mix and won't need to make individual accommodations. Much more pragmatic.

As for not having enough O2/He, I don't understand that at all. Let's get the logistics squared away first, then go diving.

Ah, don't dive if the mix isn't exactly correct?

Or sodit; put up with a different mix?

e.g. last weekend's wrecks: 37m/120ft and 46m/155ft. Mix was 17/24. Should I have binned the dive as I didn't have 21/35? (which would be wrong on a rebreather anyway as it has the wrong MOD.)

45m/150ft wreck yesterday -- 15/42 was the mix I had. Should I have binned the dive as I didn't have 21/35?

Or the previous 30m/100ft diving 21% as that was all that was available?

What about bailout gasses? If deeper bailout's all that's available, you use it.

Not all of us have boosters & compressors. Some of us use banks and we get what we get.

Get diving. It's fun.

Ah, don't dive if the mix isn't exactly correct?

Or sodit; put up with a different mix?

e.g. last weekend's wrecks: 37m/120ft and 46m/155ft. Mix was 17/24. Should I have binned the dive as I didn't have 21/35? (which would be wrong on a rebreather anyway as it has the wrong MOD.)

45m/150ft wreck yesterday -- 15/42 was the mix I had. Should I have binned the dive as I didn't have 21/35?
The standard gas mixes have wide safe operating depth ranges. There's nothing wrong with filling a deeper mix and then using it on a shallower site if necessary. We do that all the time due to weather conditions when we can't venture as far offshore as intended. In most parts of the world you can hit a lot of sites with 18/45 or 15/55. This is a safe and pragmatic approach.

It could be fun to make a deco entertainment app designed to run on a phone in one of the available housings like the SeaLife. Something that could use the limited button control for a game or media player.

Just get a diveVolk housing and you can access the touchscreen just fine (a bit sluggish but workable).

Just get a diveVolk housing and you can access the touchscreen just fine (a bit sluggish but workable).
Interesting, assumed the touch screen wouldn't work at all on these things.

Does anybody make one for a larger tablet?

Well then it sounds like its better then 99.9% of apps so far the only other thing is if it shows advertising id rather have a paid option to remove them.
Yeah, I've just been thinking about that. Rather than add a paid option to remove ads, it's better to create another ad-free app so I can say for sure that google isn't going to keep the ID.

Interesting, assumed the touch screen wouldn't work at all on these things.

Does anybody make one for a larger tablet?

It doesn’t work on the Kraken or Sea Life housings.

Aquatab X Could be a tablet contender

gas matching calcs would be a nice addition to the math tool

gas matching calcs would be a nice addition to the math tool
Noted, thanks.

So, there's a bunch of gas Mining apps out there, several of which I do like.

What I havent seen is an App I can tell that I have ie. 60 bars of 21/35 on my D12, 80 bars of O2 on a 50 liter bottle, and 100 bars of HE on another 50 liter, how much do I have to bleed off to make xx/yy?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom