Hello to everyone.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlwest63

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Been lurking for a while and decided to say hello. I am getting my OW cert in a couple of weeks and have a question.

What is the difference between a wetsuit and a jumpsuit? I am lookig at the Tilos 3/2 jumpsuit but I don't know why they would say jumpsuit instead of wetsuit.

P.S. I am looking at a Tilos Titanium 3/2 or a NeoSport by Henderson 3/2.
Thanks

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

A Jumpsuit is a 1 piece suit, as compared to Farmer John - which is 2 pieces. There's also the 1 piece Shorty, which I think is a waste. If you're going to wear Exposure Protection, then protect the legs and arms, too - from cold, jellyfish, laddrs, etc.

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile? Some ideas for your Profle might be taken from looking at mine. Click on my Username to the upper left, then click on my Profile, and see what I've done. For your's, click the [CP] in the upper left of the screen, then click [Edit Profile]. If you need any more help, PM me direct.

:D

Thanks for the greets. Great board. I have been reading for awhile.

Thanks for the answer also now I know the differance.

Welcome Aboard!!!

It's addictive, but who cares?!?!?

Good friends and good info. What could be better???

P.S. - If you have not already done so, please fill out your profile.

Where in Florida?

murphdivers286:
Where in Florida?

I am in the Kissimmee area. Are you from around here?

I looked at their website, and I think that "jumpsuit" is just their product name. The main distinctions in exposure protection are drysuit (cold water), wetsuit (intermediate temps), and skin (little thermal protection). Of course, each of these comes in many variants, but these are the three main categories of dive apparel.

Hope it helps. Welcome to the board and the sport,
Grier

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom