Hello!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CrissySub

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone! My name is Crissy and, as you can see, I'm new to the board :) I'm originally from Spain, but have been living in United States for 5 years already. I used to snorkel back home, got all the gear, but have never been to those wonderful sea depths carrying an air tank, so... it's about time! It's gonna be like a dream come true :D I'm determined to get certified and take it as far as I can... and as far as I can afford, heehee. However, I'm a bit confused. A friend told me I should do the PADI e-learning and take it from there, but I've been doing some research and ended up even more confused :confused: I mean, is PADI the way to go, or is there something else? Should I find a diving center/resort/school where they would tell me what to do? I'd appreciate so very much any input anyone can give me!
Thanks so much and congratulations for this amazing board! I'm glad I bumped into it :satisfied:

~Crissy~

Hola Crissy,
There are a load of different organisations out there for training and what you will find is it depends on your area for what options you have.
I don't know where in the states you are but if you look up Scuba Diving Lessons | Scuba Diver Training | Adventure Dive Trip and talk to Jono he will be able to give you a good description of what's available in your area.
Where in Spain are you from?I am living in Mallorca with my Spanish wife.we moved here from Australia...mi castellano no es muy bien pero con mas praticar y hablar ....
Anyway,good luck with your decision,talk to Jono..he is a very cool guy and very genuine.

Thanks for your answers, I really appreciate it :)
Brad, I contacted the website you told me about--I'm waiting for their reply. I'm currently living in Davenport (Iowa), right in the Midwest of the country. No ocean anywhere close, haha, but I've heard of some really cool lakes where people go diving and do some other water sports. Oh, so you're living in Mallorca, that's awesome! I'm from Algeciras (Cadiz), close to Tarifa, that cute little town where you can see both the Mediterranean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean... I'm pretty sure you've heard of it. That's where I used to go snorkeling with some friends, and surfing as well! I just love the water so much :D Anyway! Spanish people are great, if I can say so myself, heehee. Is your wife a diver, too? Maybe we could all go dive together in Mallorca when I get certified! Y si quieres practicar el castellano, puedes hablar conmigo siempre que quieras! :D Thanks so much for referring me to that website, Brad!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom