help a student to graduate so she can go dive!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Maritime Museum has a shipwreck database for over 5000 wrecks off NS... that would definitly be good to advertise......Even naming a few wrecks and a litle history on them...............

thanks for the vote of confidence!!! i love the analogy...i might snag it for my project if you don't mind??!! i'll let you know if it ever becomes a reality and sign ya up!!

ciao..jessie

DaFireMedic:
I like it, kind of a "Yosemite Fireside Chats with the Ranger" meets "The Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau". It makes it sound like a camping trip with Scuba Diving as the focus. Almost like nature hikes that take place underwater.

Would it be successful? Maybe. The price is certainly right. Most divers that I know dream of sandy beaches with coconut palms, WW II wrecks, and coral reefs. But I'm sure that most divers would love the program that you are describing, myself included. You would need to convince divers that the $2500 that they have saved for their annual dive vacation should be spent in Nova Scotia rather than Fiji or Grand Cayman.

Your program sounds beautiful though. I would do it.

hot tubs are a fantastic idea...'cliffside jet pools overlooking the ocean'...might help with my marketing...from the responses i'm seeing, i guess wreck diving is a must..i'll try and work that into my 3-year projections...hopefully my prof won't search my financing section in too much depth!!! thanks a bunch!!

ciao..jessie

Doc Intrepid:
Things like sea kayaking and whale watching as options can only be good. People like other things to do on some afternoons. I don't see the cold water as a huge problem, but others might. (But you'll want some hot tubs... :) ) In general, however, you're competing for the dollars of divers who travel. I travel to the Thousand Islands region, for example, to do wreck diving. To get divers to select your destination over some other, you'll want to describe something that your destination offers that sets it apart, that makes divers want to come there. If, for example, there are many wrecks in Nova Scotia (which I've recently heard is the case), I'd definitely come to check them out. (In which case you'd need to be able to blend nitrox, along with all the logistics that requires.) I know of a number of dive resorts in British Columbia, and they do fine. But...they offer absolutely outstanding diving - cold water, yes, but incredible visibility and a huge variety of life large and small. If they can do it, I suspect you can too...but you may want to study their model a bit...

Here is just one, as an example:
http://www.godspocket.com/Base2.htm

FWIW,

Doc

I know a lot of people I dive with that like to run up to Vancouver Island and dive. I haven't had a chance yet, but Divers from Washington go to BC. If the cost is right and you can get word of mouth to help with marketing, you may have a business.

Drysuit Rentals may help the warm water divers to want to come north.

Hi, duffmastaflash. I just read your post. It sounds like it would be a lotta fun. How long have you been diving, and how long is this course you're taking? Is it a four or five program? you're, it would be fun to stay at a sea side cabin, the way you described it in your post, it sounds a trip like that is an adventure. I wish I could help you with this project, you're working on. But, I guess all I can do is wish you luck with it. If you want to, you can drop by my profile. And, if you want to, you can leave a pm on my profile. Good Luck with your project. SnorkelCorey

Hey I live just outside halifax, Id love to see this work, hopefully I can be a customer in the near future,

Jamie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom