Help anyone who was traveling in Philippines during last years typhoon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

B4Jp2ZxCMAApOsI.png:large

I'm currently on Malapascua, I was also here last year during the typhoon. Preparations have been allot better this time and the storm is not as intense. There will still be allot of devastation and we all hope everybody will be safe!

After last year's typhoon one big problem was less income for locals due less tourism. The best thing you can do to support the locals after the storm is giving people a few days to sort things out and then come and visit. Within a few days roads were OK last year. Rebuilding homes and boats cost money. For that people need their salary.

Looks like Sebang might get a lot of rain and wind

Would also like to hear how Anilao and Sabang/Puerto Galera are doing....

I've just received an e-mail from Crystal Blue Resort in Anilao. The report is that they weren't much affected by the typhoon there and all is well.

Malapascua was not in the direct path of the storm this time, so I think you can be pretty confident in most places from Manila to Southern Visayas being fully operational.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom