Help! Cannot reach valves with thick undergarments!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't remember -- did you buy a Fusion? And if so, did you get the Sitech neck ring? That can significantly impact arm mobility.

Also, it's really good to do a dive with a buddy who can watch you try to reach your valve. Mine figured out how I had to position my tank to reach it; once we had that sorted, I could move weights and such around to balance with the tank in that position.

4th Element underwear is some of the least bulky stuff on the market.

More than likely, your drysuit is binding somewhere

Thanks. I will give it a try again.

Very simple solution. Go sidemount. Nothing like the warm fuzzy feeling of having your regs and valves rite in front of you when your 1800 feet back and at 110 feet depth at Ginnie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agreed with PfcAJ, pre stretch your suit on the surface with extra gas.

Close your valve on the surface and add gas to your suit, go in a head down position so the gas goes to your feet. Then lay prone on the surface and grab your forearm, pulling the drysuit material towards your wrist. Open your vent and get ready to dive. This should allow you to have a lot more mobility.
GC

agreed with PfcAJ, pre stretch your suit on the surface with extra gas.

Close your valve on the surface and add gas to your suit, go in a head down position so the gas goes to your feet. Then lay prone on the surface and grab your forearm, pulling the drysuit material towards your wrist. Open your vent and get ready to dive. This should allow you to have a lot more mobility.
GC

Thanks! I will try it on my next dive!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom