Help finding a liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At the end of the cruise, the DMs gathered everyone together for a "debrief" of the problems on the boat. [First time that's every happened to me.] The intent was to communicate that to their HQ. They also requested that we write-up our experience on each of our individual surveys, because "HQ listens to those more than the debriefs".

But we haven't heard anything from HQ and I don't expect too.
Why don't you write to them directly? And please keep us updated.

Hey Samaka, how's it going?

What makes you say that Blue0two is the best liveaboard op? I'm not questioning your judgement - quite the contrary, I hugely respect your opinion. I'm keen to use (next year now as I'm booked on emperor for May) the best liveaboard op there is in the region. What kind of differences does blue0two make, as my last trip on the Blue Seas was fantastic and loved the guides to pieces.

To the OP - it depends on what kind of diving you're looking for. I like topography and sharks, so my choice is typically down to Dahab (topography) or one of the liveaboards departing Marsa Alam or thereabouts (sharks, and especially Oceanic White Tips). I did The Brothers, Daedalus and Elphinstone last year and I really think I'd struggle to find a decent diver that wouldn't LOVE this itinerary. Elphinstone was a bit busy mind but we only did one dive there. Most dives were at the Brothers or Daedalus.

FWIW, we went with Discovery-divers. They're a really good operation with the only failing being crappy o-rings. Boat amazing, food likewise, best dives I've EVER had, wonderful guides who I'd call my friends. Only downside was the tank o-rings. Bring plenty of your own, we had multiple blow outs, topside thankfully.

J

Hey mate.

Sorry for the late reply but I totally missed that post. I just started working for blueOtwo again a month ago so I really should not pick up that and blow my own trumpet. I would be too biased. If you do want to know more about our boats feel free to check out www.blueotwo.com

.......a.......

Why don't you write to them directly? And please keep us updated.

Twice is enough (to the DMs and individual surveys). Frankly once is too much. This was not a case of 1 bad cabin or cruise. This boat is tired and needs dry-dock time.

Hey mate.

Sorry for the late reply but I totally missed that post. I just started working for blueOtwo again a month ago so I really should not pick up that and blow my own trumpet. I would be too biased. If you do want to know more about our boats feel free to check out Scuba Diving Holidays

.......a.......

Yo Samaka,

That's gutting. Everyone I've spoken to here in the last few months has equally said that blueO2 is clearly the best liveaboard op in the region. Gutted I found that out before booking my trip, but there's always next year and this area is essentially my annual mecca pilgrimage. I'm departing Marsa Ghalib 27 or 28th May. Back on 2nd June - if you're around let me know although sounds unlikely. I'll definitely ping you next year to find out what trips you're on - would be lots of fun for you to show me AZIAB's red sea :wink:

J

Hey mate.

Sorry for the late reply but I totally missed that post. I just started working for blueOtwo again a month ago so I really should not pick up that and blow my own trumpet. I would be too biased. If you do want to know more about our boats feel free to check out www.blueotwo.com

.......a.......

It appears as though Doubles are available to rent. Do you have Trimix as well? How about deco diving?

Very nice looking fleet.

It appears as though Doubles are available to rent. Do you have Trimix as well? How about deco diving?

Very nice looking fleet.

There are strict safety rules in the Red Sea as to who can do what and we are one of those Operators that follows the rules... You can do any dives you are qualified to do but we won't let any one go on kamikaze dives so bring your certification cards.

Doubles, Slings, Deco, Trimix, Rebreathers... Not a problem... You want - I fix...

cool runnings
...a...

There are strict safety rules in the Red Sea as to who can do what and we are one of those Operators that follows the rules... You can do any dives you are qualified to do but we won't let any one go on kamikaze dives so bring your certification cards.

Doubles, Slings, Deco, Trimix, Rebreathers... Not a problem... You want - I fix...

cool runnings
...a...

Technical diving in general requires surface support. In other words, it requires a crew familiar with that type of diving.

So it's not only about gas and equipment supplies.

Technical diving in general requires surface support. In other words, it requires a crew familiar with that type of diving.

So it's not only about gas and equipment supplies.

he he he... Asser my mate.

I'm aware of those things. And I am aware that you are aware that I am ;o) We're not a "Cowboy Operator". As I said "We are one of those who follow the rules". We'll have the staff on the boat for whatever our diving guests program demands.

If you take a quick look at our website I think you'll come to the conclusion that we know what we're doing. We've been doing this for some time and we have the facilities, crew, instructors, experience and most importantly Right Attitude.

cool runnings
.........a........

Last edited:
he he he... Asser my mate.

I'm aware of those things. And I am aware that you are aware that I am ;o) We're not a "Cowboy Operator". As I said "We are one of those who follow the rules". We'll have the staff on the boat for whatever our diving guests program demands.

If you take a quick look at our website I think you'll come to the conclusion that we know what we're doing. We've been doing this for some time and we have the facilities, crew, instructors, experience and most importantly Right Attitude.

cool runnings
.........a........
I know you're not cowboys, and I know you know that I know :)

Since you were talking about kamikaze diving, I thought it'd be better to complete the picture of a full-service op.

I know you're not cowboys, and I know you know that I know :)

Since you were talking about kamikaze diving, I thought it'd be better to complete the picture of a full-service op.

I know mate... just taking the piss ;o)

We've all seen more Kamikaze divers than we ever need hey.

cool runnings
.........a........

Back
Top Bottom