Help finding a liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are strict safety rules in the Red Sea as to who can do what and we are one of those Operators that follows the rules... You can do any dives you are qualified to do but we won't let any one go on kamikaze dives so bring your certification cards.

Doubles, Slings, Deco, Trimix, Rebreathers... Not a problem... You want - I fix...

cool runnings
...a...

My concern is having a dive crew that is into deep air and crazy profiles. I've seen a lot of divemasters who are clueless and don't know it. I think I will stick with DIR oriented operators. This way I won't have to worry about kamikaze DMs :D

At the end of the cruise, the DMs gathered everyone together for a "debrief" of the problems on the boat. [First time that's every happened to me.] The intent was to communicate that to their HQ. They also requested that we write-up our experience on each of our individual surveys, because "HQ listens to those more than the debriefs".

But we haven't heard anything from HQ and I don't expect too.

Hi there... I have a trip booked on the boat June 18 - 25 so I woudl be really interested in hearing if you got any follow up from them

My concern is having a dive crew that is into deep air and crazy profiles. I've seen a lot of divemasters who are clueless and don't know it. I think I will stick with DIR oriented operators. This way I won't have to worry about kamikaze DMs :D

Ehhh... I wouldn't take it that far... I've seen crazy stuff going on from boats next to us from DIR- and Proper- Dive oriented operators both. DIR orientation does not come with a higher safety level out here in the real world. We could just as well go back to the good old PADI/CMAS/BSAC/NAUI (and so on) discussion then... I hear DMs and Instructors from all agencies sitting in the pub at night bragging over stupid risks they’ve taken. Yes ALL agencies including DIR. I have nothing against GUE and I’m not on a crusade here but isn’t it time to come off the high horse.

So, answer the question. Of course we can have the kind of guide on the boat that you want/need. The Crew is trained in supporting al sort of dives.

…….a…….

Just have to add... You're right that Kamikaze DMs are as crap as Kamikaze Guests... probably worse...

...a...

Hi there... I have a trip booked on the boat June 18 - 25 so I woudl be really interested in hearing if you got any follow up from them

None. BTW, ours was a Philly group with Divers Den North.

Depending on what you're after you can chose between luxury and basic. Depending of what marine life/wrecks you're interested in you chose itinerary. The best liveaboard operator in the Red Sea is without a doubt blueOtwo. If you want to know what you can see where and when in the Red Sea you find some info on that on RED SEA YEAR - TIME TABLE

Hope you find it helpful
…….a…….

Hi,
Your website contains very helpful information. Thank you! My husband got certified last July in Miami. Since then, he is Nitrox certified and has dived in Tahiti and Nassau, Bahamas, totalling 20 dives. We plan to do a Red Sea liveaboard during Aug, 2010 -- must start the trip no later than Aug 15. We love seeing big animals. I would order Hammerheads if I could!! Would you please recommend an itinerary/route/boat?

Thank you very much!!
Stephanie

I'm the OP. I'm booked on the Golden Dolphin II in September, not the Sea Friend as I thought I might. The GD was confirmed already whereas SF was not and I needed certainty. Thanks everyone for the advice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom