Help finding new AI dive resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try Park Royal. About a 40 min walk to town. If your gf is not a diver, she will like the amenities

Isn't it Drexel Divers that uses the Op as a training center for Dive Masters from all over the Caribbean? Just my opinion, but I think that Dive Masters with long experience on Cozumel are much, much better. They know the reefs, the currents, when and where currents can be funky, which dive locations are likely to be calm or wild, good vis or bad, full of life on a given day, the best precise drop off points, and where to find the sea life. They are also much better at spotting the small stuff and the the hard to find (like the Splendid Toadfish). Personally, I wouldn't dive with an Op that wasn't using long time Cozumel DMs. Not that DMs in training would be unsafe, just that they're likely to miss so much - a DM with a lot of experience can be the difference between a good Cozumel Dive and a great one. Just sayin'.

edit - sorry, meant Dressel, not Drexel.

Not at all, where did you get that from???? They do have internships like all dive operators, but the interns tag along don't lead the dives, we went 1 year apart on Mayan Riviera and the same dive masters were there, and they are still there now, 2 years later.
Not sure where you got your information from but Dressel is a great dive OP, the boats are excellent and no cattle boats either.

and no cattle boats either.

Hmmm... Maybe we need a better definition. Free range cattle boat?

31599523.jpg

Hmmm... Maybe we need a better definition. Free range cattle boat?

I have no idea what your point is.

Isn't it Drexel Divers that uses the Op as a training center for Dive Masters from all over the Caribbean? Just my opinion, but I think that Dive Masters with long experience on Cozumel are much, much better. They know the reefs, the currents, when and where currents can be funky, which dive locations are likely to be calm or wild, good vis or bad, full of life on a given day, the best precise drop off points, and where to find the sea life. They are also much better at spotting the small stuff and the the hard to find (like the Splendid Toadfish). Personally, I wouldn't dive with an Op that wasn't using long time Cozumel DMs. Not that DMs in training would be unsafe, just that they're likely to miss so much - a DM with a lot of experience can be the difference between a good Cozumel Dive and a great one. Just sayin'.

edit - sorry, meant Dressel, not Drexel.

I believe you are thinking of Pro Dive which is now the house op at the Allegro and the Grand. Good DMs but limited knowledge of the reefs. So limited that customers have no input into dive sites. I guess you just have to go to something the DM is familiar with.

Thanks for the correction. I meant no offense to Dressel - or to Pro Dive, for that matter. I just think a DM with long experience on Cozumel is invaluable for a great dive.

How do you define a cattle boat? Your picture states it for me me,with the add in of mixed experienced divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom