Help - Flooded Sea&Sea 5000 Camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

awall54308

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok, I made a stupid mistake and flooded my Sea&Sea 5000 camera. The camera cannot be saved. Does anyone know where I can find a used or refurbished 5000 or 8000?

There's an authorized service shop in California. Unfortunately, I don't have the info here in Florida and won't be in Arizona for another 5 weeks. Call the shop you bought the camera from and ask them to look up authorized service shops. The CA shop might have a refurb in stock. I flooded my 5000 a few years ago and when I sent the camera into them, they told me it wasn't repairable. They put me on the list for a refurb and I got lucky. They got one that week. Be prepared to spend some bucks. I kind of wish I had just taken the money and bought a new housing and camera package (which I've since done...twice).

I've got a Ricoh Caplio GX that'll fit the Sea & Sea 5000G housing. I bought it after I flooded my housing, probably a similarly stupid mistake! However, around the same time I bought a Nikon D70 and have since loaded up on Ike gear for it, so I haven't even used the Caplio.

I've been meaning to try to sell it on Ebay...I'll take 200 bucks for it. I've got the original packaging, manuals, etc.

I've also got a YS-90 Auto strobe I'd make a good deal to get rid of...it's taking up valuable room I need for my Nikon gear :)

I'll remember to check back here, but a faster address is divemistressofthedark-nospam@yahoo.com.

(remove the -nospam part :))

Back
Top Bottom