Help for 14 nights Philippine Trip Moalboal+Malapascua

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I drew my conclusions from here Malapascua Island, Malapascua Beach Resorts, Hotels, Scuba and Restaurants

It has not to do with the seasonality but with the number of divers

In terms of weather I read the situation here Weather in Malapascua | Diving Cebu Philippines!

I have also read trip reviews that confirm that in January the wind blows and trips to Gato or other destinations 40+ minutes away were not possible in the period, it is true you eventually can dive somewhere but Malapascua seems to have lots of good site at over half hour boat and those trips can get cancelled if the weather is bad

I have also read trip reviews that confirm that in January the wind blows and trips to Gato or other destinations 40+ minutes away were not possible in the period, it is true you eventually can dive somewhere but Malapascua seems to have lots of good site at over half hour boat and those trips can get cancelled if the weather is bad

In the 6 months I was there, we had a few bad journeys back from day trips and the occasional dive called due to conditions not being viable in a boat, but it was certainly very rare and only happened around March. I think over the whole month there were only 4 or 5 dives that didn't go out.

As for the number of divers, it is down to the dive master you get at the time as much as it is the time of year. There are several mooring buoys on the shoal, avoiding other divers can be easy. Just speak to you dive master before you leave in the morning and I am sure they will take your requests into consideration when planning the dives. There are so many cleaning stations on the shoal that it is easy to have a dive in a small group knowing there are a lot of divers based on other cleaning stations.

I really would discount the weather factor though. It can be hit and miss any where in the world, I guess.

Most of the dive sites (70% at a guess) are around the island itself and are easily accessible. There are only a handful of day trips to various sites over half hour away, and even then the conditions have to be fairly terrible for a boat not to run.

In the 6 months I was there, we had a few bad journeys back from day trips and the occasional dive called due to conditions not being viable in a boat, but it was certainly very rare and only happened around March. I think over the whole month there were only 4 or 5 dives that didn't go out.

As for the number of divers, it is down to the dive master you get at the time as much as it is the time of year. There are several mooring buoys on the shoal, avoiding other divers can be easy. Just speak to you dive master before you leave in the morning and I am sure they will take your requests into consideration when planning the dives. There are so many cleaning stations on the shoal that it is easy to have a dive in a small group knowing there are a lot of divers based on other cleaning stations.

I really would discount the weather factor though. It can be hit and miss any where in the world, I guess.

Most of the dive sites (70% at a guess) are around the island itself and are easily accessible. There are only a handful of day trips to various sites over half hour away, and even then the conditions have to be fairly terrible for a boat not to run.

What he said... pretty good summary

I was there from January to July 2010 :) Matt is currently there so he will be able to cover the second half of the year if you were interested, but I'm currently finding out its mmmmmmm hot!

Last few days have been baking! Flat seas, great viz...oh and amazing diving!

September and October were both great this year and currently it hasnt rained for 2 weeks. It's like May :)

But November can be hot

This is the ocean vida website. I think they do a good job at setting expectations so nobody can complain!
Read the last line about January

November-December

Hard to say when the season is changing from summer to winter. Every year it is a bit different. Sometimes the colder weather starts end of November sometimes weeks later.

Last year November and December was sunny and almost no wind most of the time and the bad weather started end of December.

January was this year windy and rainy almost the entire month

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom