Help for a big girl! I'm getting discouraged.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I usually have a problem with suits being to wide :) I will definitely need to get a custom suit. I've seen a verrry large woman diving in a dry suit - not sure if it was custom or not, but it was nice and baggy.

Bare's suit really fits like that? My wife will be thrilled. Their size chart didn't imply that, so she went with a mens Bare Velocity stretch suit instead. Still not perfect, though.

Absolutely. Check out the 14plus from Bare.

Debra

If I can help you work out your fit issue let me know. I feel confident I can help you find a suit you will love. Whatever you do though don't get discouraged.

Brent

Have you considered a dry suit? Whites is making one called the Fusion which will accomodate many size ranges and it is reletively in expensive.

just try all differnt sizes, maybe a mens size is too baggy in some areas, or too toight, a wetsuit that doesnt fit well is like not having a wetsuit at all, when there too tight it can cause stress and discomfort underwater which can lead to a whole slew of problems, if they are too lose, the water gets vented through the suit too quickly and then your cold and wanna war up, so.... unless you are warm blooded like me or couldnt stand the water in Bonaire becuase it was to hot in a wetsuit, i ended up one day getting ice cubes to put in hte front of it before the dive started, then at lunch i went and just put on a pair of board shorts and a tank top to dive in.

It all depends on you and your suseptibility (sp) to cold.

Have a great day!!

i'm a bigger girl than you are, and wear a large henderson hyperstretch. you're taller, but i had a xxl men's suit that was just several inches too long in arms and legs, which was horribly annoying, so please try the hyperstretch.

It's okay.

Whoever can say whatever they want, and opinions are welcome....everyone has one.

My story is this:

I'm a size 18. My ideal size would be around a size 10-12, as I am about 5'-9". I'm not too bothered by what others feel "makes sense" to them in terms of my waiting to dive.

I am a practiced martial artist, I work out regularly, I have a clean bill of health, good BP and heart-rate and am an avid swimmer.

In all honesty to drop from an 18 to a 10 will take quite a while, and I just don't want to wait that long to get started. I may sell suits on EBay or just eat the cost - whatever. I'll worry about money, budget, logistics and what "makes sense" to me.

Thanks to the wonderful and constructive posts here, I have several leads on suits more in the $70-$170 range.

That being said - I DO need to lose weight, and I will do so, slowly, correctly and in a healthy manner.

Until then - I'll continue to do everything I love to do. Life is too short to wait until you're the perfect size.

BTW - Thanks, Cheddar.

Peace.

Class. Act.

Bravo!

:yelclap:

If you do anything deeper, be careful of wetsuit squeezes. It will cause "hickeys" in loose spots. Not painful in most cases, just looks funny. Others may have more insight on this than I.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom