Help Get BC Myths Tested On MythBusters!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SB TOS:
Terms of Service Definition: Cyberbullying

ScubaBoard has long been known as one of the most friendly forums on the internet. Here you can find Scuba Divers from novice to expert sharing experiences and helpful hints. We like it like that, and you have our word that we want to keep it that way. Unfortunately, we have recently encountered a growing phenomenon amongst our membership that has marred our happy place. We call it cyber bullying and it comes in many forms. Here are a few ways that have come to light recently:
  • Thread Hijacking: Derailing a thread with a lot of off topic banter. We have the Pub for that kind of activity.
  • Stalking: Following a member from thread to thread to humiliate, embarrass or otherwise cajole a member in order to make them feel unwelcome.
  • Dog Piling: Joining others in such a manner as to make a member feel threatened and unwelcome.
You can be sure that we are working hard in order to resolve this matter. Some of the people involved are long time and valued members and we are perplexed by their behavior. It could be that they don't see how it affects others and are simply doing it to have fun. It could be that they truly resent these few who are targeted and want to see them leave. Really, it doesn't matter why they are doing it, it just needs to stop and stop immediately. So, how are we going to do this? We need your help! If you see any of these patterns don't try to intervene! First, be sure to stay out of the fray. Second, show some compassion and hit the
report.gif
Bad Post button. Then we can step in and resolve the matter hopefully in a peaceful manner. Finally, please show us some patience. We don't want to lose anyone over this. As I said earlier, most involved just don't realize what they are doing as they are normally friendly people! Hey, thanks for taking the time to read this. Let's commit ourselves to making and keeping this the friendliest forum on the internet. Friendly, and yet oh so relevant.

Now I went to the TOS, to find the Terms Of Service for suggesting the creation of a new forum, and took a closer look at the above. I'm not sure I really looked closely at this section before (it seems different) but somehow it seemed to fit right here in this old thread.

:idk:

Speaking of looking different, I now can not find the TOS for suggesting a new forum. :confused:

Seven consecutive posts ... all for the purpose of attacking me and hijacking your own thread?

I don't see the point, really ... but if it makes you feel better to play the role of Drama Queen, then by all means, it's your choice.

I'll just point out ... relative to the above ToS reference that ...

- you're the one who hijacked this thread by re-opening it after it was dead for a year and a half purely for the purpose of attacking me.
- you're the one who's stalking me by taking an argument from thread to thread to thread ... in this case to a thread I hadn't even participated in ... I didn't even know it was here until someone else pointed it out to me.
- your friend knowone is the one who has been dogpiling ... through his attacks on me in two other threads. By contrast, not a single poster has said anything to you because of your attacks on me. Nor do I want them to ... I'm a big boy, and can take care of myself.

I'm calling you out ... END THIS! We've both been asked to by ScubaBoard staff and I'm willing to comply ... but I WILL NOT simply ignore your continued attacks and your attempts to slime me in thread-after-thread-after-thread.

Nobody but you is enjoying your posts. And you must enjoy them, considering the effort you're putting into it.

Don't you think it's time we both found better things to talk about?

I do ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Last edited:
Bob I am impressed you can determine Knowone is attacking you

Nobody else can understand what he writes.....

I actually like his writing style. Prior to his attacks, I had considered him among the ScubaBoard posters I'd like to meet in person someday.

Now ... well ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom