Help me get to Cozumel !!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aardal

Contributor
Reaction score
:tree:

I need help finding a great deal for my wife and I to get to Cozumel this summer. I would like to take her for our one year wedding anniversary. We are both Cert Divers and would love to go to this paradise!! I want to make it a suprise for her...so this is where you guys come in. I would like to leave on June 25th and come back July 2nd. I need airfare out of either Seattle, WA or Boise ID . I need a great package deal if anyone knows of one or can point me in the right direction...OH here comes the wife got to end this thread!

Aaron

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

I don't know what packages are available from your area but that time of the year we have been able to find pretty cheap rates from charter outfits. Apple Vacations, MLT, and SunCountry are the ones here. We usually get the airfare from them and make our own hotel arrangements. The place we stay is $50, includes breakfast, a kitchen, A/C. Nice quite place. There are some for $25 or so. The ones I know of are on the plaza and can be noisy.

Email me and I'll send you info. Or contact Natasha. She'll be able to tell you about airfare or packages.

Tom

Tom has the most recent experience in Coz and it sounds like it is still one the greatest places to dive that is close to home.

I am not certain about departing Seattle options, but Continental Airlines offers packages to Coz that are advertised in most dive magazines. You can deal directly with their agent, Trip'n'Tour, by e-mail (their site is trip-n-tour.com, think). The final leg of the trip is through Houston directly to Coz, a better way than through Cancun, I think.

The lodgings may not be the cheapest with this package since Coz has all sorts of accomodations. These can include a room with a bathroom down the hall. We have never tried one of those, so I cannot comment. As Tom wrote, Natasha may be the most definitive source of info about the range of options.

But, no matter what you do, you will almost certainly enjoy Coz: the atmosphere is congenial, the weather is great (avoid Aug-early Nov due to potential hurricanes), the diving is wonderful--some of the best drift dives that Barbara and I have ever experienced. And, if you have a chance, do a night dive there: I think Dee has some great photos she took on a night dive at Coz; they include the best photo I have ever seen of a Splendid Toadfish, a beautiful fish that is only found near Coz. They hide during the day, but come out at night(They can be seen under coral overhangs during the day, but are obscured.).

ENJOY COZ!

Joewr

Hi- my boyfriend and I just booked a trip to Cozumel in May through Continental Airlines. It includes air and hotel (you have a choice of several or many depending on who has vacancies during your trip dates- from modest to 5-star, upscale), and we could've added on dives too, but we prefer to wait til we've researched more on our own.

We went through their web site, through the vacations section and did it all online. We got, in my opinion, a VERY good deal. It's going to be about $1500/person for 9 nights at Iberostar, which is a very nice, all-inclusive resort and airfare from San Jose, CA. The price varied depending on what day we left and came back (you can play around w/dates on web site and see how it changes). I'll write in after we get back to report on how it was!

wolfgirl

Hi Aardal!!!
What can I say. I live in Coz. and just like the others said it's beatiful. I know you can finb very good deals from USA thru Apple Vac, Funjet, GWV, etc. Who ever you choose, I recommend you get the flight arriving to the Island, there are many people that come from Cancun, but with your bags it could be an adventure!!! Because you'll have to take a mini-airplane (which makes you feel all kind of sensations in your body and mind) or take a taxi from the airport to Playa del Carmen and then take the Ferry to Cozumel, (so you can imagen how you'll arrive to paradise...ready to go to bed). About hotels we have many choices, from a OK room with bathroom A/A or just fan (which I don't recommend this time of the year) till a five star all inclusive hotel outside down town. This last one has good and bad things. Good because I've heard they got really good deals, and bad because they're far away, so every time you want to come to down town you have to take a taxi or rent a car. Car Rental is expensive they're rates are from 65 US till $50 US approx. For diving you don't worry we have so many dive shops that you won't have to worry for space, but yes for quality and service. I work in a Dive shop (Snorkel Center and Diving) in case you want to book or info about it you can write me to snorkcen@cozumel.com.mx We offer pick-up's and more....
If you decide just to book the airfare and try an hotel in town, let me know, I could help you with rates and help you find a really good, clean one, like we say in Mexico something... Bueno (good), Bonito (pretty) y Barato (cheap).

I hope I've been of any help,

Muy estimada Sra.,

?Donde esta su tienda? He viajado a Cozumel muchas veces, pero no recuerdo la tienda, <Snorkel Center and Diving>.
?Esta cerca de la plaza o...?

?Ha vivido usted muchos anos en Cozumel? !Nos gusta mucho esta isla y la gente quienes viven alla! Por supuesto es el lugar de donde se puede bucear mas bueno que nada.

Vaya con Dios,

Joewr

Hola Joe!!!
Yo tengo viviendo aqui tres años. Y mi tienda de buceo esta en el centro a lado de la rentadora Budget. Nosotros ofrecemos en el ferry todas las mañanas y atendemos a todos los cruceros que nos visitan en el día.
nuestra pagina es http://www.cozumel-diving.net/snorkel_center/
y nuestro e-mail es snorkcen@cozumel.com.mx

Espero nos llames cuando regreses por aca.

Back
Top Bottom