Help me PPD - liveaboards for New Year

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Geoff....... try the H.I.S. gaijin affiliate... No 1. Travel.

Here's the contact stuff from the lady I dealt with to book to the UK at Christmas.......they were the cheapest by FAR.
[/COLOR]

If they can't do it...you've got a problem.
[/COLOR]

I've tried HIS already, they can just manage the same as expedia.....

Jag - thanks for the suggestion... you are right.... Seoul is the cheapest route I found so far (!) I'm going to play around this evening and try some returns to Seoul and then book the Seoul > Manila/Cebu > Seoul route separately, see if this works....

I've tried HIS already, they can just manage the same as expedia.....
Not H.I.S. - the number I gave you. No1 Travel. :wink:

I don't know exactly how they're connected (I saw the H.I.S. name somewhere when I paid), but they gave a price to London about 40,000 yen cheaper than my wife was told directly from H.I.S.

It's a phone call......that's all.

Not H.I.S. - the number I gave you. No1 Travel. :wink:

I don't know exactly how they're connected (I saw the H.I.S. name somewhere when I paid), but they gave a price to London about 40,000 yen cheaper than my wife was told directly from H.I.S.

It's a phone call......that's all.

I've tried No. 1 too... you can use this site:

FlightFinder Japan, your gateway to discount air tickets from Japan

to ping all the gaijin travel agents. All came back with super expensive fares.

I've tried No. 1 too... you can use this site:

FlightFinder Japan, your gateway to discount air tickets from Japan

to ping all the gaijin travel agents. All came back with super expensive fares.
Have a look at this page:
No1 Travel-Air Fare/Manila - Super Saver
most expensive flight....84,000 yen, a couple of days before New Year!
I don't know what dates you need, but that's half of what you are talking about.....

Maybe the fuel surcharge is a lot.....but double?

It's up to you, but I'd at least phone them directly.

I will try again tomorrow, as prices change all the time; I suspect they are just being very dishonest about headline price and that the surcharges ramp it up massively. I've had terrible problems with No1 before and they've ripped me off despite placing tens of thousand dollars worth of flights through them.

This type of practise isn't allowed back home, it is a cheap way to sucker people and then they're more likely to book if they're already halfway through the process. Same as advertising goods you don't have and then selling a more expensive version when the punter rings up.

Airlines face OFT action if flight prices mislead | OUT-LAW.COM

Whatever.... my UK flight was a little more than the headline price, but that was down to the number of stay days etc, and it wasn't that much. They were WAY cheaper than anyone else, AND it's a direct Osaka-London flight. Last year we paid more to go via HK.

Surcharges aren't down to them - they depend on the airline, and you can check that directly with the airline.

Victory Divers can set you up a pretty good trip into our area. You have to dive Maningning Island, Batbatan Island, and Mararison Island before you leave this Earth. Just hook up with the good folks at Victory Divers (Boracay Island).

Thanks for the heads up.. I've spoken to Vic and we're off to Boracay (via Taipei!)

Can you recommend any reasonably priced accomodation for our time on the island? We don't need anything fancy - just fan or aircon clean single rooms is good.. the cheaper the better! :)

That is a tough time of year to "find" a room. I recommend you book one of Victor's rooms and gut it out. That is PEAK SEASON for the Philippines so everything going to be full and expensive. I know you don't want to hear that but it is the simple truth.

As for plane tickets.....
My wife and I just bought round trips from Incheon-Seoul to Kalibo and paid over $1700. That is gonna leave a mark!

Thanks for the advice.. .

If it means you feel better, we're in Tokyo and its cheaper for us to fly via Seoul or Taipei
too! Still deciding... Will check out Victors rooms.

Back
Top Bottom