Help me to plan to a dive trip (Boracay +???).

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

riceowls

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am coming to a workshop on Boracay this winter and want to have a few diving days before and/or after that.
1) I will be staying in Paradise Garden for 5 days during the workshop and hope to squeeze at least a dive per day during the workshop. I can stay for a day or two extra on the island if it's worth it or go elsewhere nearby. Is Carabao worth it for a day or two?

2) Now, I want to combine this with a more diving-vacation-style trip. Perhaps can have 5-7 extra days before OR after the workshop. We have previously been to Puerta Galera and really enjoyed it. Much better divers now, perhaps worth revisiting. But I would also love to explore other new places. How easy it is to combine Anilao with PG?

Ideas?

Other related questions - I am intrigued by the possibility of taking an overnight ferry between Batangas to Caticlan Jetty. This will allow me to avoid 24-hour interruptions in dives. Any personal experiences with it or similar overnight ferry? Where does one see the official rates and schedules - some google search links look like resellers with conflicting info.

My current plan is to go to Anilao for three nights and then to PG for 5. Then overnight ferry to Caticlan. Perhaps a few dives in Boracay (recommendations of operators and sites?). El Galeon Asian divers come out to be almost 2x more expensive than similarly ranked small Laguna hotels and 5* PADI operators. Is it really worth the extra cost? As for Anilao, Buceo may not be available for my dates but there is an Isla's BB 2 min away - Is anyone familiar with it by any chance?

Cheaper and equally competent operators are available all over the area.
Three quiet places in Sabang: Angelyn, Manarra and Step Garden. All have rooms overlooking the beach.

Cheaper and equally competent operators are available all over the area.
Three quiet places in Sabang: Angelyn, Manarra and Step Garden. All have rooms overlooking the beach.
Thanks for the tips. We've chosen Step Garden. What dive shop would you recommend in that area? Greg's? Angelyns? Any independent ones? Ideally, I want a place where I can store my gear for the duration of the stay not to drag it up the "step"

Some of the cabins are pretty high up. Stay sober. LOL.
Captain Greggs has been around for many many yrs. Of course they will take good care of your personal equipment during your stay.

Another random question: Any suggestion of how to kill time between the arrival of the last ferry from PG to Batangas and the 9 pm ferry to Caticlan? Is there a place to store luggage or a restaurant worth taking a cab to for dinner?

There is NO taxi and you are better off to stay inside the Ferry Terminal. However, finding a seat is going to be very difficult. But if you are willing to pay P30.00 for the terminal fee then you might be allowed to go into the waiting area(no personal experience on that and you better ask first). No idea if there is any storage facility.
There are several eating places in the terminal but not inside the waiting area.
Bring your favourite toilet paper just in case.

It's a bit late but I brought a group of 13 in 2018, stayed 7 nights in Sabang and 3 nights in Anilao. We stayed at Anglyn's in Sabang and it was nice and convenient. We did Anilao last because we wanted to be on mainland in case bad weather shut down the ferries for a day or two.

How do I go from Malbini (Buceo) to Puerta galera? Jeepney to Batangas and then Ferry? Too hard with suitcases? Should I arrange the transfer with the resort? Is boat transfer possible?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom