help me with a test...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Desktop the difference is even greater - 2nd image is much richer - Using a Viewsonic VX2000 LCD

I'll head over to the neighbor's and check with their CRT

On a CRT system now - the first one is still washed out, the second (added image) has best contrast and the third (second image) has the best color saturation (IMHO - as someone who's a bit color blind - LOL)

kidspot:
On a CRT system now - the first one is still washed out, the second (added image) has best contrast and the third (second image) has the best color saturation (IMHO - as someone who's a bit color blind - LOL)

Thanks for going to all that effort! The last picture (Image #2) prints the best - it's awesome. I needed to see which one looked the best to the most people...my screen shows #1 as being "spot on" so clearly I need to deal with my monitor issues!

If you are using an older LCD monitor, often the contrast was not very good, thus things looked darker than they really were and the tendancy is to lighten them up for that monitor - but everywhere else they will then look washed out.

kidspot:
If you are using an older LCD monitor, often the contrast was not very good, thus things looked darker than they really were and the tendancy is to lighten them up for that monitor - but everywhere else they will then look washed out.

Mine isn't a LCD...a NEC MulitSync V921

That is why I never adjust stuff on the laptop - but was seeing such lovely shots from others simply assumed my desktop monitor was OK...clearly, it isn't :11:

where is the latest pic??

sorry saw it... second is best (new one). Colours more realistic. Third one too rich/dark and first overexposed.

Back
Top Bottom