Help! Need a 10W HID bulb and ballast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chuckactor

Registered
Reaction score
I am trying to find someone that will sell me a Welch Allyn 10W MR11 HID bulb and the matching ballast. MY light head flooded for some unknown reason and the replacement parts from AUL are very expensive. I know the bulb and ballast should cost about $100-$150. Anyone have any leads short of buying a 5-pack developers kit from W/A?

Another possibility is buying a new 10w head. Anyone know who might have a good deal on a head only with goodman handle?

Thanks!

I would like two Welch Allyn 10w HID bulb/ballast units. Perhaps we could split up an order?

Regards,
Atticus

have you made every effort to get one out of aul even if not for free maybe they might be willing to sell you one at cost since it was a failure of thier lite which created the problem

most of the companies making divelites work very hard to keep thier customers happy and will often even extend waranties but if you dont let them know you are unhappy they can not help you

i would think you would want to get thier input into why it failed anyway before putting in new parts

I made every effort to work with AUL. I assumed they would back up their product. I didn't expect them to give me the parts. I did expect them to work with me and be reasonable about the repairs. Instead they belittled me in emails and were very unprofesssional. They wanted to charge me $215 for the bulb and ballast plus labor ect. toalling almost $260. They went as far as to accuse me of damaging the light myself and improperly storing it. I would have had no problem paying labor and cost for the parts. Once Curt was done, he turned my emails over to Arnold Jackson (the owner) who continued to mock my abilities and my claims. The best was when they claimed the light required yearly O-ring changes and maintanence as outlined in the website (still trying to find that reference). This was never told to me or mentioned in any literature or info they sent me. When I looked at the light head, you saw what looked like gobs of silicone seal. I assumed this to mean the light head was glued together. Actually it turned out to be a ton of silicone grease that was being used to help seal a marginal design.

Hats off to Dan Fisher at ProWatt (www.divelight.com). He offered to sell me a bulb and ballast for the light and even sent me instructions to help in the repair.

There are alot of good light manufacturers out there that will stand behind their products and offer great service. Shop around and talk to your buddies before you purchase. Be wary of those who act like new car dealers and try to make their money off of repairs and service.

Chuck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom