Help needed with UW Photography

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the info on this thread everyone. I just bought a Nikon 5100 and was ready to pos the same question. I am guessing everything for the 5000 goes for the 5100?

AGruebele - some very good advice from what I have read here.

I see you have under 25 dives so far. You may want to consider getting your Advanced cert before using the housed camera. Your diving skills must be nearly second nature if you really want to excel in photography.

Also, one of the books I have found to be very helpful is the Reef Fish Behavior book by Ned DeLoach and Paul Humann. Learn more about what you are stalking as you build your skills in the water and you will get good results.

I would push the argument further and suggest that a new diver should not use a camera until he/she has a few dozen dives under their belt. Also, If you are serious about diving, I would concentrate on acquiring basic life support equipment, BC, reg, before thinking about housings. I also second what the others have said about difficulty associated with SLR use in general.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom