Help needed...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks to everybody for the tips and the warm welcome here at Scuba Board.
I'll try the REc Center on Woodward in Birmingham. Here are another questions:

Are there any divers that were on the Sun Dancer liveaboard in Belize? Two buddies and I are scheduled for a trip in November and any info would be appreciated about dive sites, visibility, service etc...

Anybody interested in buielding a team in Under Water Rugby???

Stephan

For that kinda of info, you'll have better luck with the Search feature - the one in the upper right, not the far upper left. Click it, then Advanced, then put Sun Dancer in subject box. Select the Central America forum, hit search, and you'll have a lot to start with.

BUGMEX:
Hi there in the world of the bubbles... I'm new in the Dtroit area and I need service for my regulators. I have only Scubapro gear and I would like to know if there is a certified dealer somewhere in the Detroit area.
In Germany I played over 10 years Under Water Rugby and I really miss this game and training. Is there any activity in the Detroit area regarding this?
Thanks for your support
I think Germany invented underwater rugby in the 1960's ? It used to be listed in "Tauchen" divers magazine, before there were websites on it . An underwater filmmaker, Nick Caloyanis, got us started playing at Catonsville Community College, off the Baltimore Beltway in Maryland . Used to have more teams years ago, but most disbanded now.
Current UWRugby teams are in Boston,Massachusetts, and New London, Connecticut .Can contact Tim Burke,a UWRugby and UWHockey worlds player on Boston's team at their website WWW.underwaterrugby.com .They have some pictures from 2003 UWRugby worlds on website , I am the guy on the end wearing glasses .
Do you know Laurence and Kristina Fiddick from Germany? They played both UWRugby and UWHockey and I met them playing UWHockey in Fairfax,Virginia in summer 2003 . Saw Larry's picture on German website for UWHockey and rugby contacts, not sure if picture still there .
Underwater Hockey is easy to transition to after playing rugby. Probably over 30 UWHockey teams in USA .My team hosted the 2003 UWHockey nationals at George Mason University ,just west of Washington,D.C. beltway and about 20 teams competed .UWHockey teams are in Minnesota,Chicago,Champaign , and in Canada . Should look in website "Underwater Hockey Tourist " to find contacts for team nearest your location .
There are internet links where you can download the official rules(about 30 pages) for UWRugby if you look hard enough ,besides official link for rugby and hockey rules from Underwater Society of America (Carol Rose, President, from California ) . There is a link for UWHockey official rules (over 30 pages ) from my current UWHockey team's website - www.underwaterhockey.com
Anyone near Washington,D.C. area wanting to try UWHockey should send a message .
~~~Frank~~~

Back
Top Bottom