Help Picking a Dive Op for AOW in Puerto Vallarta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saxonjd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

I will be in Puerto Vallarta this summer with a group of non-divers and I am thinking it might be a good time to get my Advanced Open Water. All my diving previously has been in Cozumel (we dive there every year with friends) and I'm thinking I can use my solo time to my advantage to get my AOW. Reading through the few threads about PV it doesn't look like it's the best diving around, but I'm fine with that for this purpose.....and getting to experience something besides Cozumel. Would plan to do my e-learning at home and all my diving there.

Read through a few threads and messages about PV diving and didn't see any ringing endorsements so, would be interested in any recommendations for dive shops that could assist with my certification. I'm not super familiar with PV as we haven't been there but we're staying in a VRBO in the Conchas Chinas area. I can Uber or taxi as needed too.

Thanks for any recommendations or advice!

I've sent you a msg. I worked before in Puerto Vallarta, and have a really good friend with his own dive operator there...

Check with Vallarta Adventures, good outfit and about a 10minute taxi ride

Awesome, thank you to both of you! Will definitely contact them. I was also looking at Mismaloya as that looks close to Conchas Chinas. Saw PV Ocean Tours if anyone has experience with them.

Hello ! I am a active dive instructor in PV been diving in PV since 1995, I work with small dive shops and have my own boat. I offer great prices and personal service. You can send me a direct message for more information. Diving PV in the summer is the best time, Water is warm and clearer than the winter months. We have some great dive site and lots of sea life. Contact me and can talk more about your advanced certificiation.

Hello ! I am an active dive instructor in PV been diving in PV since 1995, I work with small dive shops and have my own boat. I offer great prices and personal service. You can send me a direct message for more information. Diving PV in the summer is the best time, Water is warm and clearer than the winter months. We have some great dive site and lots of sea life. Contact me and can talk more about your advanced certificiation.
Interested in information as we will be in puerto Vallarta in march. Newbie on Scubaboard so I can’t direct message yet until i post 5 things to prove I’m legit. Please contact me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom