Help planning a dive week in Destin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubabum2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We're planning on coming to Destin in late August for about a week. Any suggestions on some good dives within about an hour? So far I've come up with the Destin & Pensacola offshore sites, Morrrison Springs and Vortex Springs. Any great shore diving sites would also be appreciated.

There are plenty of shore dives near the Destin area, such as the Destin Jetties, St. Andrews Jetties (fantastic dive), Ft Pickens Jetties, Navarre Pier, and Pensacola Beach Pier Rubble. These sites should be dove at high tide for the best visibility and except for Navarre Pier and Pensacola Pier Rubble should be dove at slack tide to ensure little to no current. Check with the local dive shops (LDS) in the area for tides.

Destin LDS for Destin Jetties: Scuba Tech Northwest Florida > Home

Pensacola LDS for Ft. Pickens, Pensacola Beach Pier Rubble, Navarre Pier: Home , MBT Dive & Surf Pensacola, Florida (850) 455-7702 , Scuba Shack

Panama City LDS for St. Andrews Jetties: Dive Locker - Panama City Beach Florida Dive Store featuring Henderson Wet Suits and Brownie's Hookah Systems, Panama City Beach Florida Dive Charters, Florida Scuba Information, PADI , Panama City Dive Center

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

I would highly recomend Emerald Coast Scuba in Destin!!

PM me when you get down and if our schedules match up I would be more than happy to dive with you and show you around the dive sites I posted above.

wjefferiis has given a pretty good overview. While I do most of my diving out of scubatech, if the conditions are right and you can actually get there.. fort Pickens is interesting.

Thanks for all of the great recommendations. Wjefferis, we'll definitely look you up when we're in town.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom