Help! Quick reply needed - How to get to Dahab from Airport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The bus was very old and grimey and stunk of stale farts. The bus driver kept switching off the air con to help the bus gain elevation into the hills (the engine was obviously well knackered as it was guffing out smoke like a mobile volcano).
On the way down from the hills, I thought I was starring in the film "Duel" by Stepen King. The bus just got faster and faster. The driver was obviously trying to go all the way down without touching the breaks. The bus was leaning scarily as we took the many bends at Moto G.P. speeds. One minute we were being crushed against the window and the next avoiding falling into the aisle!!!. It was $%^&ing unpleasant to put it mildly.
QUOTE]

Great story. Very accurate description and i got a good laugh. Had a similar experience on a tour to St. Catherine's from Sharm!!!!

The bus description is exactly how everyone drives, bus drivers and taxis. That sharm road is very dangerous not because its a bad road but because of very bad drivers.

As for the checkpoints, taxis get stopped as well as buses. Make sure you have a passport on you.

People were doing some Praying at the bus station before we set off. I bet they were asking that the "£$%ing bus didn't crash.
Now I'm a commited ATHIEST. but if I had known what a scary ride we were in for, I might have joined them. ----- No not really.

hahahahhahhaha. Hillmorton Scubie what a post lmfao

well, made it to dahab and back home, sadly volcano didn't strand me in dahab(very very nearly did)

was a bit messy at the airport, i ended up drinking a bottle of jd on the plane so was well wankered through the airport to the point where my friend had to carry me through. he has not got a clue what to do as never been further than a sunny blackpool before and is devoid of initiative so understandably he was having a ring twitching experience. he slumped me on the bags outside the airport, come back and told me he'd arranged a good deal with a taxi for 800LE. this sobered me up as my money is part of my body and i'd rather keep it that way.

ended up in a sea of taxi drivers haggling, this went on for a while, 1 was down to 200+LE, i was still having none of it until 1 said he'd take me for free(oh yes indeed my hairy bum - my favorite word, which has a different meaning in egypt), i kept asking him how much and he just said no charge come with me(may just be off the plane pal, but not daft), this went on a bit longer with the other drivers still haggling and he shown me a txt message with my name on. wooo hoooo, my transfer. he got a big hug, but wouldn't drink any jd.

the laid back dive centre who i dive with had only just read my email an hour beforehand

Inshallah

Back
Top Bottom