help thaw my frozen fingers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick2

Reaction score
In an effort to extend my diving time, I recently purchased a set of 4th Element Arctic Wear undergarments to go under my DC drysuit. I've been told that a pair of dry gloves will greatly enhance my comfort this winter. (North Atlantic diving) I'd appreciate any and all suggestions on how best to accomplish this. Warm, rugged, flexible and Oh yeah ! price is a factor too. :11: Thanks in advance.

What do you have for wrist seals?

If they are latex you have many options compared to neoprene.

What do you have for wrist seals?

If they are latex you have many options compared to neoprene.
Good Question, they be latex.

Or I have a set of Si Tech for sale.

I'm with Pete -- I LOVE my Viking rings. Easy to install, easy to change gloves (three minutes in the parking lot, no tools). I use the Atlas gloves which I can buy at my local hardware store for about $5 a pair, and could get even cheaper if I bought in bulk. Under them, I use a cheap pair of polarfleece gloves, bought at Safeway.

The only caveat on the Viking rings is that they are somewhat hard on wrist seals, and they are big rings. If you're a man, it shouldn't be a problem. For me, getting the suit side ring into my Diving Concepts suit seals is tricky, and stresses the seal. Next time I replace them, I'm going to use the Viking seals which are designed for the rings and somewhat heavier.

Don't forget to add a vent tube from the suit to the gloves.

you do not need a vent tube, just have your insultion gloves under the seals. (put them on first) or do it like this: DIR-diver.com - Dryglove rigging

I use Nordic Blue 12 months a year... But I am looking for some good 5finger neoprene gloves for the summer. (drygloves can be to hot inn the norwegian summer)

I use the Viking rings with my Viking drysuit. Yes they will keep your hand a lot warmer. The viking gloves are hard to get on to the rings. I am going to look for the gloves the TandSM mentioned. Do you have a link to an online source.

Atlas Work Gloves

I use the orange 620s. They seem to be a little more flexible than the blue ones, and adequately durable. I tried the green ones, which are VERY flexible, but I got pinhole leaks in them constantly.

Back
Top Bottom