Help with a Sea Doo Scooter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't see how you made all those assumptions based on the content of her post (especially about the LDS..where did that come from?) but whatever....

The battery could have a bad cell. what is the resting voltage? how about under load?

Have you tried a different battery? got a friend with a working one who you can borrow a working battery off?

Shake it and see if you can here water in it. Mine acted like this before I bought a real Scooter (X-scooter)
Mine had water in the back motor compartment. when you moved the scooter around it would start and stop. if it's flooded you need toopen it up and let it dry out. then get a new shaft motor seal. as the shaft seal is junk.

o_O I'm not too sure if I should comment or not... Gentlemen to be trully honest thank you both for your advice.... and to be honest it is not my personal scooter nor do I have the funds to purchase anything that is probably the same price as my left lung..... even though I would love too own such a device at my present state I just borrow... and hope one day I'll have the money....
I am in charge of the scooters at my job for some strange reason and I think it may be a fault in the electronics like suggested above and I am going to play around with it. THe battery is only 5 months old so maybe if I bash it with a hammer it might work :D

Anyways who wants a cookie?

Any other suggestions would be honest... and I would love to buy a better scooter for myself and job but its not an option.. but I love looking at the new models... maybe one day someone rich will by me one?? hint hint wink wink lol J/K

thank you for all of your help, I'll be around the boards :wink:

We have the sea doo supercharged vs scooter and are very happy with it. I do not know if this helps but check the trigger/magnet connection and see if thats the problem

SeaDoo scooters are a poor choice for taking on your next tecnical dive they were not designed nor reliable to take to depth. if your into deep tecknical diving save up your money and select a scooter that will give you the burn time,durability and reliability. I think you will just kick your self to sunday if you don't. Seadoo is a fun toy for around the cottage for kids.

Have a safe dive.

Your post doesn't address the original question and actually the Sea-Doo Seascooter is a terrific choice for recreational divers as many Sea-Doo seascooter owner's can attest. I see you own a Farrallon-are you suggesting the original poster purchase a 60 pound. $4000.00 DPV instead of fixing her 12 pound $299.00 Seascooter?

Hello!

I am new to Scubaboard but have a problem. I have a seadoo scooter which keeps cutting out. I read the good ol manual which comes with the scooter, it doesn't help. It tells me that the scooter does this because it has a safety switch which automatically shuts off the scooter if it hits something or something is stuck in the motor to prevent further issues. It says to wait and it should automatically restart with no other problems. There is nothing physically wrong with the scooter not that I can see but the scooter will run then turn off within 20 seconds, I have turned the scooter off as well as removed the battery for some time, recharged it and put it back in still the same issue.
Does any one have any suggestions on how to rectify this scooter problem or have come across this issues before? Or maybe at least point me in the right direction...

It could be a variety of things including the PC board. You can find most seascooter parts here: seadoo seascooter parts Here is an interesting solution that would cover all internal problems: Seadoo Seascooter Classic Main Body I'm assuming you have the Classic but there are similar solutions for the other models as well.

It could be a variety of things including the PC board. You can find most seascooter parts here: seadoo seascooter parts Here is an interesting solution that would cover all internal problems: Seadoo Seascooter Classic Main Body I'm assuming you have the Classic but there are similar solutions for the other models as well.

The shame of it your helping the op and not insulting the product, how dare you!:rofl3::rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom