Help with accomodation on Bunaken

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving around Sahaung is interesting, we dived there on a day trip from Living Colours and then stayed at Pulisan Jungle beach resort in 2010. This year we are staying at Blue bay too!

Sorry to slightly hijack this thread but Graypippa what was Pulisan Jungle Beach Resort like?? Food?? Diving?? Resort?? I have looked at this place a few times but always ended up going somewhere else.

Sorry to slightly hijack this thread but Graypippa what was Pulisan Jungle Beach Resort like?? Food?? Diving?? Resort?? I have looked at this place a few times but always ended up going somewhere else.
I went to Pulisan dive resort in November 2009 and was a bit disapointed by the organisation. I wrote a report (follow the link)

In a nutshell, although the overall experience was interesting, I must say that this resort was not diving oriented at all. The guides lacked enthusiasm, the boat was not very well adapted to divers, and the boss and guides seemed surprised that I wanted to dive twice a day and every day.
It is a shame because the location is really good with interesting dive sites nearby and also Bangka and Lembeh not too far!

The diving in the area is fantastic! A wide range of sites, from muck to pinnacles. The guides even took us to a dive site near to the resort that isn't dived by any other schools or resorts. The snorkling was also good, our son even snorkled with a dugong when he missed one of the dives! The accomodation was basic, no fans when we were there but this wasn't hugely problematic with the sea breeze and mandi bathrooms (no running flush). The staff were helpful and enthusiatic. The choice of food was limited but very tasty nonetheless. It's been two years since we visited and a lot can change, but we thoroughly enjoyed our time there! Check out the website if you haven't yet. Hope this has been helpful!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom