help with BC selection plz??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jerseydivr1026

Registered
Reaction score
I want to buy a BC but i have a tight budget and high standards..
  • I travel
  • dive warm and cold waters
  • i dont like to be all congested (perfer back inflation)but suggest any bc that comes to mind, back inflation or not
  • basically all around good bc in every class

Usualy a tight buget and high standards don't work well together. I don't personaly know of any BC that fit your needs ($) Being that I have only used Sea quest bcs. However, I did see Back Plate and wing setups can be put together fairly inexpensevly. As long as that fits your SCUBA style

Zeagle Scout? (or whatever the current version is called)

Well made, integrated weight, light, small, easy to pack, back inflate, no frills, inexpensive.

I want to buy a BC but i have a tight budget and high standards..
  • I travel
  • dive warm and cold waters
  • i dont like to be all congested (perfer back inflation)but suggest any bc that comes to mind, back inflation or not
  • basically all around good bc in every class

You might be able to pick up an Aeris ATMOS XT for a resonable price since Aeris has replaced it with the ATMOS LX (changed the location of the weight pockets).

Goolge "Aeris ATMOS XT " (including the quotation marks) and see what you come up with.

What kind of budget do you have to work with? If you go to Deep Sea Supply and do the rig configurator I came up with $429 for a single tank, light weight size large kydex, hog harness, and a #35 circle wing with 2 cam straps. He does offer a #26 wing as well. If you want to add a pocket to the harness, you can use something like the OMS thigh pocket. I am not seeing any pockets on his site, but I might be over looking them.

For the record, I am diving a Golem #35 wing with a stainless steel plate. However you mentioned light weight that will travel well and be something suited to a broad cross section of diving. I really think you should take a look at a rig with a light weight kydex plate.

You also mentioned you didn't want to be al congested. The simple hog harness with have your front side clear of clutter as well as provide back inflation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom