Help with Transpac II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks thumper for confirming that mine is not faulty ,but then it begs the next question what is the point of this dump if it can not dump in an horizontal or vertical position is this a design fault .It seems crazy that you can not control air volume by the use of one hand .one device.Mind you my last bc was a seaquest and if i even touched the inflator hose it dumped gas, so from one extreme to another ,guess i need to put in some heavy practise to find what works best for me .I also recieved an email from dive rite this after noon and they gave me details on how to thread the webbing and how to store or cut it.I think i may ask about this shoulder dump to find there answer.

Regards,

MAL..

a problem. Mine works, ya just have to give it a good tug. Post up what they have to say. I have an older model of the Wrek wing. The newer ones don't have the elastic strap that pulls the bottom of the wing down & under to prevent tank wrap.

Hi Thumper,
Mine is called REC wing and has elastic round the bottom half of the wing the side where the tank goes is smooth.I emailed Dive Rite i shall post there reply when/if i get one .i know i sound grumpy but to be honest it is a really well made piece of kit and i was not expecting these bug bear but it may be due to being new and it may need to be broken in and relax abit...!

Regards,

MAL...

Scubafishee,

I'm very (extremely) happy and comforatable in my TPII. Correct fit, and positioning of the plate to the rear is definetly a key.

I also use the 4# trim weights (and the integrated weight pockets), but I find the trims flop around way too much; up, down, in, out, lots of slack. I have them attached with SS quick links, on the lower 1" d-rings of the harness. I'm using the smallest q-link I can, that is big enough to clear the grommet holes and fabric. I do NOT have the belt webbing going thru the weights. Felt that may get in the way and impede the belt.

How did you attach yours? Do you have the same feeling of slack and shifting?

How about substituting zip ties for the quick links? Not as pretty, but the zip ties can be made tight. There would probably be some movement, but not in as many directions. Is there a slot on the weights for the belt to pass through? If so, it might be worth a try but, I hear your concerns.

l-weight,

I thought about that. We talked a little about this in another thread. Yes, there is a slot for the belt to pass thru.

I'm trying to avoid using the belt slot, for two reasons.
1- possible interference with the integrated weight pockets ( I tried using single pocket standard weight pocketss with a loop on the belt, at the very rearmost position, but it did interfere too much ),

and 2- if I do route the belt thru the slot on the weight, then to remove the trims, if I want to, requires un-threading/re-threading both sides of the belt; this can be a real pain as you know on the TPII. This was the benefit of the single pocket solution - easy to add/remove up to 5#'s, but leave the pocket in place.

Zip ties may work; a little more permanent but not much. I wanted to get a feel from other TPII users and see how(if) the problem is handled.

Always, a plus and minus to everything.........

It is time to start to experiment with possible solutions.

Afterthought: Zip tie the belt loop on the trim weights to the belt. It is easier to replace the zip ties than it is to rethead the belt. Get a big bag of zip ties at Home Depot in the electrical section.

rickyd once bubbled...
Scubafishee,

How did you attach yours? Do you have the same feeling of slack and shifting?

Rick, mine are attached to the middle and lower d-rings. I don't really notice any movement of them when I'm in the water, though I certain see how it is that you could.

Here is a thought:

It looks like you can thread them through the lower tank straps on each side move them all the way back before putting the straps through the wing. That would position them in the same place as using the mid and lower d-rings. Plus getting them on and off wouldn't be such a pain.

Hmmmmm, now that I think of it, I think I might try that with mine too.

Hmmm, I didn't think about that one. Although, it may be kinda interesting when removing the tank, with loose 4#'er's on the strap. Maybe using both the tank strap, and the q-links. I like that one...

How are you attaching your weights now? Q-links? What size ( end-to-end, outside long side measurement, since there a so many way so measure)

Well, well, well... by George, I think we're on to something here.

I just tried putting the trim weights on using both the quick links and the tank strap and it is definitely much more secure. NO flopping around at all. It was a tight fit getting the buckle and rubber tank grip through the loop, though not too bad.

You are right, the other side really does needs the quick links to keep the trim weight from falling off when unfastening the tank.

Up til now, I'd been attaching mine using the 2" q-links on the mid and lower d-rings.

Guess from now on, I'll be using the tank strap too. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom