Henders n Hyperstretch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dawn

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone tried Henderson's new titanium hyperstretch in 7MM? I am still searching for the most comfortable, best fit, full suit available. The stretch in this suit seems wonderful but will it really keep me warmer than a 2 pc 7mm? I can't seem to find any info on the Internet. I was planning to go with Bare until I felt this material! Please help, the search is starting to drive me crazy.

The Henderson is nice and soft and goes on really easy, and does a great job of keeping water out. The only downside is that since the neoprene is so soft and squishy, it seems to compress more at depth. I don't think you will be as toasty once you're at 60 ft or so. Try and see if you can find a BARE rental and try it out. I'm not slammig the Hendersons, ans my sister in law has one and it's great for her. It just seemed to compress at depth a little more than some of the others.

Hi Dawn,

I've been told by a freind with over 6000 dives (he's tried a lot of wetsuits) That the Bare suits are about as good as it gets. He even prefers Bare over a Rubatex custom suit he had made. The rubatex doesn't compress as much at depth but it's also not as flexible. I took his advice, I own a 3/2 and a 5/3 fullsuit. They both work great.When it comes time for me to buy a 7mm, it too will be a Bare,unless I go straight to a Drysuit.

It would be great if you could rent both and try them before you buy, But this isn't always possible.

Hope this helps,Tavi:tree:

Thanks for the replies. I bought the Henderson Hyperstretch 7/5mm and I ordered a Bare hooded vest in 7mm. It's the supra arctic vest and I plan to where them both this coming weekend if it gets here on time. I needed the stretch or I probably would have had to go with custom. I am working hard at losing at least 10 pounds (already lost 2!) so that I'll fit into the Bare size 9/10 better. Then I might just order the Bare later in a 3mm or 5mm. I'm trying to clear up an ear infection at the moment. Now that I got the suit, I might have to postpone the dive!!!! Wish me luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom