Hey BrazilNut - what's your deal, man?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seller contacted me today. Stated item has shipped.

When it arrives in good condition I will post an update.

-Ken

Any explanation??

"Oops" is not likely to cover it so I am interested to hear what caused the delay in shipment AND refusal to communicate.

"Oops" is not likely to cover it so I am interested to hear what caused the delay in shipment AND refusal to communicate.

Wow! I think some of you need to "remove" yourself from the computer and get outside!:D Thanks for any concerns of my welfare, but the reason for the delay in shipping was pretty simple. I guess Ken wants to keep some of you in "suspense mode" and failed to give you the details of what I emailed him and my explanation!

I had a positive trader rating of 15, but should be closer to 60 if buyers/seller would have given one from all my transactions.

Ken paid for the regulator on 2/24 and for the next dew days we Pm each other over the details. The regulator was placed in a small box and was ready to ship. During that time I was cleaning/and changing our garage as it had become a mess and was getting hard to find things. Lots of scuba equipment, two flats boats, camping and fishing stuff. Anyway I got too involved and the small package was that the regulator was in became misplaced and I forgot about it. The funds for the regulator were never even withdrawn to a bank account. The first part of March my Wife's Grandmother passes away as well a her cat of 17 years. Well, we are having our 1st baby in September had I was focused on her well being and the baby(start of 2nd Trimester). The funeral was in up-state NY at the time I checked this board on March 9th and said to myself ***** I never sent the package! It was in Florida so I waited to contact Ken when we returned. Does this give me a pass!

I then contacted Ken and the regulator was in the mail the next day. I never got an email from Ken because this board is linked to one I rarely check. My TDS account is linked to an email that is used more.

My screen name on this site is the same as TDS. I nothing to hide! This thread was only brought to my attention from someone wanting to buy a wetsuit and was concerned as I would have been put in the same situation.

IMO, Ken should have just gone though the channels of Paypal and filed a complaint, if he has not done already and never started a thread based lack of info and facts. I guess he felt like he needed to create some "drama"!

The regulator should get to him on Monday and he will be more then happy with all of the other parts that were included. I hope he gives an update and re-tracts the negative rating like he said.

I hope this explanation satisfies everyone!

Darin

Does this give me a pass?
Since you asked ....

Based on this admission of yours:

Anyway I got too involved and the small package was that the regulator was in became misplaced and I forgot about it.
I don't know about others, but "forgetting" to ship something that someone paid me for isn't deserving of "a pass".

The funds for the regulator were never even withdrawn to a bank account.
But they were withdrawn from the buyer's account.

I never got an email from Ken because this board is linked to one I rarely check.
If you're going to use this board to sell things, then I suggest that you either link it to an email account that you DO check more often. That way, if something goes awry (like this!), you are aware of it.

Just my $0.02. Glad you are (supposedly) making good.

Sound as though it is working out. I stayed out of this although I was tempted after my Canadian SCUBA brother posted! :eyebrow:
I have bought from 'BrazilNut' in the past and can say the transaction was without any drama and I was very pleased. Man, I am sorry about your losses and wish you and your wife well in the birth of a future 'bubble-blower'.

I do my share internet buying and selling and thus am empathetic to both sides of the story.

I don't feel he was wrong to start the thread awareness when he received no response from you. We all ship money to folks on good faith and never know if the 15 trader responses aren't just a hoax for a swindle, or if it wasn't your day to go off the deep end, or end up in jail, or go bankrupt.

If you only have been the seller then you may not understand the tremendous leap of faith a buyer puts into sending money. It's not so easy to call paypal.

Also I understand your side sounds like a lot of details were being worked out normally it's payment received shipment sent so I don't know what the mitigating factors were that had to be worked out.

But then the next step fell totaly on you, you misplaced the package and forgot about it, and forgot about it, and forgot about it. Clearly your buyer at this point was more vested in the transaction than you. So while I understand the demands of babies and death it doesn't excuse you the fact that you misplaced and forgot about before all that happened. This is where it's time to say the buck stops here. I messed up my apologies and hope that most folks understand junk happens to good people. 15 good or 60 good transactions and 1 road bump is still a good and honest track record. If I were the buyer, I would move the buyer opinion from a negative to neutral and comment there was a mishap with shipping but in the end it worked out.

Seller received my payment on 2/24. This is a fact and is not in dispute.

Seller closed the thread marking item as sold on 2/25. This is a fact and is not in dispute.

I received the goods on Saturday 3/20. Three and one-half weeks after I paid. This is a fact and is not in dispute.

Seller shipped the goods on 3/18 - over three weeks after he received my payment via PayPal. This is the date on the postmark, this is a fact and is not in dispute.

On 3/16 (2 days before seller got around to shipping the item) I DID in fact file a dispute with PayPal (case# PP-919-192-621.) To this day PayPal is STILL awaiting a reply from the seller, having sent him a notice immediately on 3/16. This is fact and is not in dispute.

Having exhausted all possible means to reach this person I resorted to a PayPal claim on 3/16, and then started this thread on the same day in the hopes the seller would respond. This is fact and is not in dispute.

I stand by my original comments. This seller needs to commit to a significant improvement in his communication and responsiveness if he's going to continue to sell goods on these forums.

My recommendation to anybody considering buying from this person is to protect yourselves. Don't ever send cash or cash equivalent, and pay only with a form of payment that allows you post-sales recourse and resolution.

As stated above, I received the goods. The shipment was complete and in as-described condition. Seller communication was poor and time to shipment was unacceptable.

I have updated the Seller Rating I left for this person to reflect the above.

This matter is closed.

-Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom