Hey, Gang, look at this!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Warhammer,

First its a great piece... a full congrats!

Second, denial is futile! Posession is 9/10s of the law, and that pic belongs to you... just ask ID!!!

...denial is futile. Maybe we could get joewr's son to take care of that other 1/10!!

BTW Wahrhammer did you dive that bentonite(sp) mine?

Just curious, for your pictures that were published, did you use the Ikelite Auto 35 camera that you reviewed on your website or do you have another. I think I will eventually be getting a camera and I believe I would like a point and shoot type. Less to have to fool with during a dive. Your site said the Ikelite failed on your 2nd dive. Did you rent one for those photos?

P.S.
Whatever you do...If Don asks you to pull that "fickle finger"... DON'T DO IT!!!.. :nono:

I didn't figure you guys would let me off that easy. One of these days, when we're all around the campfire together, the truth will come out. Don...The truth shall set you free!

Zagnut.....Yes, they were took with the Auto35 with Kodak Royal Gold 200. The first dive I freaking forgot to take the camera down with me! Second dive is where I got the turtle shot and a few others. Second day, first dive I got the other shots and finished out that roll of film. During the surface interval I tried switching out the film and that's when it broke. That's a shame cause that dive is when the pod of dolphins came through! Ikelite replaced the camera, no questions asked, so I can't complain too much. My last trip to Panama City is when I had trouble with it again, but this time it wasn't the camera, it was me. It has a lock switch on the housing and this switch was getting partially on during entry/exit/dive and would cause it to sometimes work and sometimes not. I didn't figure out what was wrong until I got home, stupid me. Anyway, I missed another once in a lifetime shot in PC. A huge ray, at least 12ft across, came within 2ft of me and my buddy, turned up his underside to us and glided off into the blue! That experience topped the dolphins. It was truely amazing and left me almost breathless. Anyway, back to the camera. It serves the purpose for which it is intended. And that is take mediocare shots and an occassional good one, memories if you will. I get mixed results with it depending on the conditions, but I'm getting better. Anyway, if you just want a camera for memories, then there is nothing wrong with it, that's it's bread and butter. But if you want professional quality results on a consistant basis, then look elsewhere.

jbd....Nope, not yet. I haven't had a chance yet, but i will soon as I get back from Cancun.

on becoming a celebrity. Now, when are you going to treat us all to a dive trip with all those residuals you will be receiving. :egrin:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom