Hey- who's up for Millbrook?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaveO

Contributor
Reaction score
Due to a sudden change of plans, my weekend just opened up, and I have an inexplicable desire to see the bottom of Millbrook Quarry. I haven't seen the plane yet, so I feel deprived.

Anybody going to be there, or want to meet up? Saturday, or Sunday?

Ohh the temptation.......

So how bad is it to dive with a mild ear infection anyway? :eek:

Sunday would be the only day I have free and if this infection clears up I would love to see the plane :)

Kevin

Kevin- I'd hate for you to aggravate an ear problem, but if you're up for it I'll be there! OK if we make the go / no-go decision at some point during the day tomorrow? I'm still renting tanks, and will need to stop by a LDS.

I'll PM you with my contact info.

DaveO

Tomorrow morning, but REALLY early. I have to be on the road to Hatteras by 1-2 o'clock, but we are heading out there to try out the drysuits and to breathe my tanks down so I can retop them for the deeper dives on Sunday. Our dives today were blown out - 8-9 foot seas.

We are meeting there at 7:30 am and I am planning to leave by around 10:30-11 so I can hit sea ventures on my way home for an air top.

Too bad your dives got cancelled. We launched into 4 - 6 foot seas on a trip, which turned into a pukefest for the whole boat. Couldn't imagine 8 feet.

Got your message, and left you one. I'll try to call again- if you get this instead, why don't we figure to meet at 10 am, at beach 10- the first right after the guard shack. (Think that's beach 10.) I drive a white integra hatchback- see ya!

Dave O

Uh... Beach 10 is the left after the guard shack.

The first right would lead you to Beach 1. This is where most of the classes meet. Big parking lot, asphalt ramp covered with gravel...

Beach 10 would be on the other side of the quarry. It would be closer and easier to reach the plane from 10.

So if you don't know, the plane is near the platforms on the other side. If you're standing on the wooden steps it's the right-most platform. When you hit the platform, follow the line down to the plane.

Have fun!
Ken

Kevin left me a msg, and clarified that beach 1 is the first left. Sorry for the confusion. We're meeting there at 10.

Ken, how is that you're online? Thought you were in NC?

I'm not that rich and don't have the dive bug that badly. Besides I also have an activities director who I have to keep happy.

Did you all find the plane?
Ken

don't have the dive bug that badly
You'll make the quarry but leave the 125' ocean dive for everyone else...priorities man.

Shoot, I'd say you have the diving bug worse than any of us if you prefer the quarry over the ocean..

Back
Top Bottom