hey wouldnt it be neat if

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Colin I agree, we do need the correct GA flag whichever that is. Of course by the time we get our shirts it will probably be changed again.

I also, like the flags down one sleeve, both sleeves make it a bit busy.

I agree...flags on the left sleeve (closer to the heart :wink: ) nothing on the right sleeve...all the rest the same. North Carolina is gonna be in there somewhere right?

Colin rest asured that all the flags would be on the shirt, the one I did is missing a state and sorry 'bout the wrong flag but you are right we need the right flags. Could everyone please notice if their flag is the right one, I took the images off a site that sells flags? I didn't verify if they were updated. We want to get it right.

My issue with the writing is I don't want it to be to busy or look like a billboard and I felt like it had Deep South Divers too many times with the front, sleeve and back.

I am not opposed to flags down one sleeve. Anyway. It does look like we may have a least two styles to choose from. That being one with flags and one with the dive flag only. It also looks like the majority like white and navy.

Oh yeah my other issue with the flags was short sleeves....

So, there. My 2 cents. :) R

Do we include the southern State of NC in our "flag collection" on the shirt? (Assuming, of course, that we do use that idea.)

I'm all about including NC... Great people, great dive sites, extensive diving there... And definitely a southern State.

But they DO already have their own NDI chapter... Wouldn't including them be redundant? At least threatening?

I believe that as long as NC has it's own chapter of NDI, we can't include it as our "area." It's simply someone else's already.

...And if Deep South Divers doesn't include NC, then no... I can't see putting their flag on the shirt, as much as an awesome addition as it would make.

Anyway, that's my feelings on that. We can't include Florida for the same reason, although technically, Florida was a southern State (even if it's not culturally "Dixie.")

SJ I think you are right about adding the states with their own NDI. Although I did get permission to add VA because of some in VA asking about being included. However, since there are NDIs for VA, NC and FL their are probably best left off, partly because I saw where FL is working on their own shirt. Anyway. We can't forget to add Mississippi. I left it off originally by mistake. See I do admit when I am wrong. LOL

But I am enthusiastic. If asked, my favorite design is one of SeaJay's originals: http://customink.com/cink/r.jsp?E=seajay@bftwave.net&F=dsd4

I love the navy blue and as many have already said, I have a crateful of white, short sleeve dive t-shirts already.
The flags down the sleeve aren't that distracting either. While I really like plainer, better t-shirts, the ideas here aren't so "busy" that it would prevent me from buying and wearing them.

So I guess I am in with the general consensus. "The south will dive again" is just wonderful as a tagline, too.

Thanks for everyone's energy on this!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom