Hey y'all from Nashville TN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

c34webb

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm new to the scuba world but have sailed my entire life and am looking to live aboard a sailboat and hopefully complete a circumnavigation. I have a love for all things involving water minus waterboarding🤪. Looking forward to enhancing my knowledge of the underwater world and gaining exert knowledge from this excellent community!

Welcome to the forums! Tennessee may be landlocked, but we've got a decent bit of quarries that make good practice sites and are still a bit of fun just being weightless underwater. Plus we're at least within (long) driving distance for Florida diving.

Welcome aboard, good stories, advice and jokes around these scubaboard parts.

I also love sail boats from the Classic Harbor Line Adirondack in New York to Alissa in Galveston.

There is a great YouTube channel called “Sailing Magic Carpet” with a couple who just took a fun Nordic trip then sold their 1st boat, now working on a new larger one to also sail around the world.

Very skilled craftsmen to watch & learn from, delightful writing and background music, during the Nordic sailing trip the wife would play the violin. It’s some of the best sailing content and I don’t miss a week, even now when just building a boat, it’s up there with Marcus House Saturday space updates.

Welcome aboard, good stories, advice and jokes around these scubaboard parts.

I also love sail boats from the Classic Harbor Line Adirondack in New York to Alissa in Galveston.

There is a great YouTube channel called “Sailing Magic Carpet” with a couple who just took a fun Nordic trip then sold their 1st boat, now working on a new larger one to also sail around the world.

Very skilled craftsmen to watch & learn from, delightful writing and background music, during the Nordic sailing trip the wife would play the violin. It’s some of the best sailing content and I don’t miss a week, even now when just building a boat, it’s up there with Marcus House Saturday space updates.

I'm inspired by those kind of DIY videos. I'll have to check it out for sure!

Welcome to the forums! Tennessee may be landlocked, but we've got a decent bit of quarries that make good practice sites and are still a bit of fun just being weightless underwater. Plus we're at least within (long) driving distance for Florida diving.
Thank you! I plan out Florida being my scuba home.

Hello and welcome! Like Rob9876 said, we have some very nice quarries in and around TN. I’ve only been to Martha’s twice and Penny Royal once but they were both very nice and really close to Nashville.

Quarries aren't glamorous diving, but they help you appreciate the nice dives even more. Plus practicing in quarries helps to get more comfortable in the water and better buoyancy control -- which leads to better and longer (lower air use rate) dives when you travel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom