Hey you guys!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've dropped a line to the charter to just see how much space they have available.... (I didn't actually book anything yet).

I've also asked for departure times (am, pm), and if you weren't interested in diving "American wrecks" both days, who else could take you out (in case they weren't available).

Will let you know as soon as a I do.

Diving gal

please be careful with the depths you are posting. I corrected them once before. The vickery averages a much deeper depth then you mention. the stern rail is in about 95 ft if you go over the side to view the the rudder you will get between 120 and 130. Very little can be viewed at the 65 you mention.

The peels depth is 135 period. It is a very advanced dive and a single tank could easly be inadequate. The only thing you will find at 80 feet is the old boiler.

Originally posted by indeco
Diving gal

please be careful with the depths you are posting. I corrected them once before. The vickery averages a much deeper depth then you mention. the stern rail is in about 95 ft if you go over the side to view the the rudder you will get between 120 and 130. Very little can be viewed at the 65 you mention.

The peels depth is 135 period. It is a very advanced dive and a single tank could easly be inadequate. The only thing you will find at 80 feet is the old boiler.

Thanks again for catching this one -- I did correct the other post (and refered folks to your post). I had pulled information from various locations on the web - not a good excuse, but it's the only reason I have for posting the depths I did.

Hi all,

Just thought I'd toss in my two cents worth.... clink, clink!

The charters around Mallorytown/Brockville should be pretty familiar with the wrecks and the type of dive it is - OW/AOW. Personally I think this area of the Seaway is a gem for wreck dives. The Keystorm is just a phenominal dive... if you are the first at the site and the water is clear.... boot along the mast for a good look at the ship or check out the screws at 100+ feet.

The America is an advanced dive as the ship?barge? is flipped upside down in the shipping channel and surfacing straight up into the channel is a definite no no!!! You have to follow lines to and fro the site. Also the bottom is covered in black gucky oil under the sediment so watch what you touch. Watching a freighter over you it definitely cool!... but wouldn't want to have a date with one!

The Lily Parsons is also a great site..... kinda deep tho' fer OW. You dock on the island, drag your gear to the other side and wade in following a chain/rope to the site. Then you drift dive along the side of the island and hopefully see the rope and make it back to the dock/boat before you end up at Quebec City ; )

There are lodgings around the Mallorytown area but I spoil myself by staying in a higher zoot place in Brockville. In anycase you'll luv it!:thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom