Hi everyone! Seeking Advice for upcoming trip to the RED SEA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Analeah,

Wetsuit 5 mm in January is absolute must. Forget about Mediteranean See. If U want to save on trips and diving just go to Eilat. Than cross Egyptian boarder and immediately after on Your left hand You'll see Hilton Taba with it's own British diving center which is much cheaper than in Eilat. Have fun.

Awesome that is great advice thanks so much! I think I'll be in Tel Aviv because the tour I'm on in Israel at the moment has to end in Tel Aviv. After that I need to be in Cairo to meet 2 other people. Then I will have a chance to do some diving. I'm thinking around Sharm or somewhere near Cairo. Although I want to check out the Blue Hole/dahab as well. Is Hilton Taba a dive site or a city or what/how can I find it? Is it better or cheaper than going to sharm? Thanks!

Analeah,
Hilton Taba is a hotel :)

Taba diving is OK but not to be compared to Dahab or Sharm.

Visiting the Blue Hole and the Canyon in Dahab is an excellent idea. If you want a less expensive alternative, then stay in Dahab. It's cheaper than Sharm yet offers world-class sites. Dahab is 90KM (55 miles) to the north of Sharm so you can still do a one- or two-days trip to dive Sharm, beside Dahab sites of course.

In case you need help with arranging your trip, PM me.

I agree with Asser. Dahab and Sharm are more interesting than Taba altough U need to add some transport costs to those cities (Sharm is about 300 km from Taba/Eilat). Concerning diving prices - check first diving clubs in cities. They're cheaper than those in hotels. But be aware that in Taba there's no city diving center (Taba is little village), in Nuweiba (between Taba and Dahab) there are 2, in Dahab few. Big choice is in Sharm. Planning Your further trip to Cairo remember that in Sinai there are only 2 airports: in Taba and in Sharm.

I have just returned from Aqaba (Jordan), which is literally next door to Eilat. It's a place worth considering. Not crowded, not expensive, very friendly and beautiful sites for novice (both reefs and wrecks). I dived with http://www.diveaqaba.com/ and I was very satisfied.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom