Hi folks. First post.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

[Hi and welcome to the board

Who is your LDS? Sea Divers in Ozark are fabulous. I used to live around Enterprise and used them exclusively. The computer I bought years earlier when I lived in TX just died and Sea Divers tried every which way to get Suunto to do right by me with an upgrade or fix. My nearest LDS just shrugged and said, you didn't buy it from us...

If at all possible I take my stuff to George at SD to get serviced--he services my ancient stuff that the local guys say can't be serviced any more. And he has a bunch of tricks up his sleeve like this amazing little plastic vent he stuck in my hood that keeps me from having conehead. Takes time to show and explain what he's doing too.

Robin

Dive gear has changed a lot in the past decade.

You should definitely RENT gear for awhile, until you grow familiar with what is now available.

Look around your town, and see what the various shops carry.

On the internet you can only look at pictures, you cannot also try things on. That is one of many reasons why I suggest you avoid the internet for scuba gear.

Benvenuto a bordo from the middle of Mediterranean sea. :wavey:

Back
Top Bottom