Hi from Amsterdam...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

watersprite

Reaction score
Hi,

I’m new to this forum so thought I’d say Hi! I’m a 24-year old girl from Amsterdam, the Netherlands. I learned diving at the Great Barrier Reef in Australia and did my advanced open water course in Curacao so I guess I’m pretty spoilt already...

I never dived in the Netherlands but would like to give it a try here as well (brrrr….) as I really miss the diving!! If there are any people out there who have ever dived in the Netherlands and know about good dive spots, I’d be happy to hear from you!

watersprite

Welcome from the middle of the US.

Welcome to the board from sunny California! Lots of great info here! Love your city by the way! Great place -one of my favorite european places!:)

Welcome to the boards Gemma! Sounds like you've already had some amazing diving experiances.

Groetjes van Washington DC

My spoken Dutch is limited at best, but I do come to Zeeland during the summer.

As I'm doing my IDC at this moment, I won't be able to start pleasure diving again until July, but PM me, we could meet there with Dutchdown who is also on this board and a few other friends, some Dutch, some Belgian.

Thanks everyone for all the welcomes! This looks like a nice forum!! I’m getting excited about going scuba diving again!

Chiara, are you from Belgium? Do you speak French? I speak a little French...

What’s IDC? PM = private message? (sorry I’m new here!) It would be a nice idea to go diving with some of us. I could bring some girls that I travelled with who are new divers and would like to dive in the Netherlands as well. Actually some asked me when we’re going so I could organise something?

watersprite

Yes, I do speak French and in fact I understand Dutch if people don't talk too quickly, I might even be able to speak some if you don't start laughing...

I live in Brussels, so Zeeland is only about an hour and a half away.

PM is indeed private message.

IDC is Instructor Development Course, as I'm doing it in bits and pieces all my week-ends are horribly busy until the final exam which is to be held on 14-15 June.

Afterwards I'll hopefully be leaving for Thailand for two weeks, but as of mid-July I should be able to breathe again and dive for fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom