Hi from Dallas, TX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thrasherg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi there, my name is Gary, my wife and I where certified back in 1995 in Monterey, CA and dove for a few years, then things slowed down as we had 2 daughters (still dove but not much) when they where 10 and 12 both daughters got their PADI licenses and we started diving a lot more with the kids. They are now 22 and 24 and we go all over the world with them diving.. recently we all got our Nitrox rating and have been enjoying 2 weeks diving in Florida using Nitrox. We will be diving in Hawaii in December to see out Xmas and 2022. We recently discovered scuba ranch in Terrel, TX and have gone there a few times just for fun, but are now actively looking for other dive locations within a few hours drive of Dallas.. we all ride motorcycles on road and off-road and are all qualified paraglider pilots, so don’t have a lot of free time for other sports..

just wanted to say hi and would love to hear of any good diving areas in Texas..

Gary

Welcome to Scubaboard. We just got back from a trip to the Flower Gardens Marine Sanctuary, there is a trip report with links in the Texas forum.

Signed up for the Meadows Center Cert class to help remove unwanted flora in a nice clear spring down in San Marcos.

We also have been visiting Scuba Ranch and Athens Scuba Park to dial in our trim, buoyancy and communication skills to ensure we make the most our salt water dive vacations.

Being empty nesters is like being kids again with more money. Me likey!

ut are now actively looking for other dive locations within a few hours drive of Dallas.. we all ride motorcycles on road
Hello, we are newly cert, dove a few Try Scuba's in Cozumel before though now making our dives to get the muscle memory before our Boat trip in August. Also because we discover the love of weightlessness and just being under is fun.
We went to Terrell once, and couldn't see past 3 feet. almost run into things before being able to see them. To me was not worth the fee. It is a nice place, nice setup and all, which makes it a shame you can't see anything.
Wheeler branch is usually better on vis, 15 feet is usually what we get. there's also a lake south of Belton called Stillhouse hollow lake (I always mess up the name though) They told me that Vis is on 20 feet usually and can dive from the Peer where the Dive Shop is, they are an SSI dive shop.

Hello, we are newly cert, dove a few Try Scuba's in Cozumel before though now making our dives to get the muscle memory before our Boat trip in August. Also because we discover the love of weightlessness and just being under is fun.
We went to Terrell once, and couldn't see past 3 feet. almost run into things before being able to see them. To me was not worth the fee. It is a nice place, nice setup and all, which makes it a shame you can't see anything.
Wheeler branch is usually better on vis, 15 feet is usually what we get. there's also a lake south of Belton called Stillhouse hollow lake (I always mess up the name though) They told me that Vis is on 20 feet usually and can dive from the Peer where the Dive Shop is, they are an SSI dive shop.
Many thanks for the information, will definitely try those 2 locations.. visibility at the scuba ranch is pretty awful (monterey was worse, when I was learning!!) but it’s a fun place and at least there are a few things to visit in the lake..

thanks Gary

Back
Top Bottom