Hi from Indiana!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Um, well, since we are new to the sport, I can't give you too much info. We recently dove at Mermet Springs Quarry in Vienna, IL (close to Metropolis at the very tip of the state). They have paddlebill fish there (hope I remembered the name right) which are about 5 feet long! Lots of wrecks, including a 727 that was in a fairly recent movie (sorry forgot which one). Water was 80 on surface, thermoclining down to about 45 at 50 feet (as far as we dared go--brrrrr! in our inadequate attire). I think the max depth is around 130? Our instructors were teaching a deep technical dive there the day we went. The quarry mgmt/staff were very nice.

Also plan to try Blue Springs/Pennyroyal Quarry in Hopkinsville KY. Both have websites for details.

There are a few others around in Western KY, I am told, including one in the Natl Park off Western KY Parkway. Also many caves around, if you are into/certified for that. Sorry I don't have much more info for you at this time. I hope to learn of more and more as time passes and we hang out with our LDS guys this summer. They are a great group, who we are going to Bonaire with!

Trena

Since my hubby and I are both divers and he is actually the one with the Big Fic nick, I think I will start a separate membership under Mrs Fic, so peeps can tell us apart.

Thanks for the welcome, all! Glad to know there are some other Hoosier's on board!

Trena

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom