Hi from Ottawa: new to this forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ottawascubalady

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello to everyone. I'm looking forward to reading the posts and learning from all experienced divers out there. I've logged 17 dives so far in Cozumel and San Andres, Columbia. I'm still new to this wonderful sport and have lots to learn. I'll be going to Cozumel again next month and can't wait to scuba dive.

smilies-41093.png

San Andres, Columbia? What took you down there. Hope you'll post a little story about that on the Cent & South America forum. I was in Coz last month, tempted to go back in April after the spring breakers clear out. DrBill will be along shortly. :)

It does help with discussions if you complete your Profile. And it's even more fun when you load an Avatar (personal pic for each post) and a Profile pic. See UserCP to access these if you'd like to...? :wink:

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Always good to try a Search before starting a new thread, tho :search: and be careful about posting Threads & Replies without reading the Stickies at the tops of most forums. Click the link in my Sig below to PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

Welcome to SB! Those are great tropical destinations are you going to dive locally in Kingston and Brockville this summer? :14:

Cheers.

-J.-

Welcome to :sblogo:
:wave-smil :wave-smil
:chicken:

Welcome to SB. Why is it DandyDon always beats me to these threads? Hmmm. By the way Don, I may be "off the market" soon... I'm leaving it all to you!

Have been interested in San Andres for some time now. Tell us of your experiences.

Yes, the is the DrBill I mentioned would be along shortly. :wink:

ottawascubalady:
Hello to everyone. I'm looking forward to reading the posts and learning from all experienced divers out there. I've logged 17 dives so far in Cozumel and San Andres, Columbia. I'm still new to this wonderful sport and have lots to learn. I'll be going to Cozumel again next month and can't wait to scuba dive.

WOW! What a great start to diving! You'll be spoiled very soon! However you do have some fantastic WARM water diving in your backyard...Brockville is awesome! I'm looking forward to going back again! In the meantime have you tried a liveaboard yet? Once you do you'll be spoiled forever! :)

Another welcome to ScubaBoard...hope you enjoy!

Wow, what responses! Where to start? 6yrs ago a friend told me about San Andres. It is a small fantastic Island, very tropical weather, with very friendly people. We liked it so much, I've been there 3 times. I got my open-water there with a fantastic Dive Master, Werner Kostner, Karib Divers. The diving is really nice there, lots of coral gardens and some walls. Many tropical fish to see. Loved diving so much, had to try Cozumel 2yrs ago, and WOW!!! Next month I'm going back! Yipee!

Wreck Wench, what is liveaboard? (see, I'm still new to this sport!)
I havn't tried diving here in Canada yet. I would like to get to the St. Lawrence in the summer. I'm pretty sure I just want to do warm water diving. Weekends would be the only time I could go..or take time off. Worth it. I hate the cold!! Hard to be a Canuk and hate the cold.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom