hi from sw florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sweenz

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone, John here. A little about myself. About 10 years ago I went to Aruba with my g/f and took one of those few hour courses so I could be certified for the week. I did 4 dives that week and fell in love. But living in N.H. the thought of diving in that dark cold water did not appeal to me what-so-ever, so I never got certified. Well I moved to Fl a couple of years ago and was lucky enough to meet a girl that was all for it, so in August we went and got certified. Ive done about 10 dives so far and haved loved it even more than I remembered. Ive been reading these boards for a few months now to learn a little bit. Since Im a noob, I really dont even know what questions to ask yet, but I always seem to have one after a dive.So here goes.

I sat back one night and read a thread about pet peeves. Well in my short time diving, I think Ive commited everyones pet peeves. What I would love to do is go out in maybe 30-40 ft of water where I can practice the things that seem to irritate everyone, but need good vis,. We went to Venice, and when you could only see 5 ft, it just wasnt fun. Any ideas where I could go, within a 2 hour driving distance from the Ft.Myers area?Thanks.

Venice beach is a great dive, but the vis is hit or miss. There are several spots within two hours of Ft. Myers: Lake Denton and Buck Lake come to mind. There are a lot of artificial reefs in the area, and a few wrecks as well.

Worst case, just over two hours away is Ft. Lauderdale/Miami.

Welcome to the :sblogo:

Welcome to :sblogo:
:wave-smil :wave-smil
:chicken:

Howdy and welcome to SB!

Head for Ft.Lauderdale...!

It does help with discussions if you complete your Profile. And it's even more fun when you load an Avatar (personal pic for each post) and a Profile pic. See UserCP to access these if you'd like to...? :wink:

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Always good to try a Search before starting a new thread, tho :search: and be careful about posting Replies without reading the Stickies for each forum. Click the link in my Sig below to PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

AH! Another SWFL diver! Welcome to ScubaBoard!

Venice can have some GREAT dives when the weather has been condusive for the sand to settle.

East coast FL is good as well... Lauderdale by the Sea comes to mind.

A 30-45m ride off the beach here in Ft Myers and we've got some fun reefs and ledges to!

Give me a call (my number is in my sig line) -- I'm working at one of our Local shops this weekend, come by and chat!

sweenz:
Hi everyone, John here. A little about myself. About 10 years ago I went to Aruba with my g/f and took one of those few hour courses so I could be certified for the week. I did 4 dives that week and fell in love. But living in N.H. the thought of diving in that dark cold water did not appeal to me what-so-ever, so I never got certified. Well I moved to Fl a couple of years ago and was lucky enough to meet a girl that was all for it, so in August we went and got certified. Ive done about 10 dives so far and haved loved it even more than I remembered. Ive been reading these boards for a few months now to learn a little bit. Since Im a noob, I really dont even know what questions to ask yet, but I always seem to have one after a dive.So here goes.

I sat back one night and read a thread about pet peeves. Well in my short time diving, I think Ive commited everyones pet peeves. What I would love to do is go out in maybe 30-40 ft of water where I can practice the things that seem to irritate everyone, but need good vis,. We went to Venice, and when you could only see 5 ft, it just wasnt fun. Any ideas where I could go, within a 2 hour driving distance from the Ft.Myers area?Thanks.

Welcome to SbubaBoard. It is good to have you here. There are plenty of divers on this board from your area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom