HID or Doubles...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Follow the laws of economics and technology:

Get the tanks first they aren't going to change much in cost or attributes. The lights will (in both areas). Shoot, someone bought a EE pro14 50w halogen for 100 bucks at swap meet....that almost a disposable price and you could dive with a 14 a long time (long enough for that helios to come way down). You won't be the guy with all the 'new toys' but you also won't be the one taken to the cleaners and mortgaging your house and wife for your hobby....well not until you opt for the Gavin and then also have to buy a mako to use as your Gavin Recovery Vehicle.

Originally posted by maddiver
well not until you opt for the Gavin and then also have to buy a mako to use as your Gavin Recovery Vehicle.

Hmmm... what are you trying to tell us MD?? Do I need to reconsider my future Gavin purchase??

DSAO!!

Nope- go for the gavin!

You already have the tow truck (did I see Noe sold you a mako or tekna DV100). My prediction is that if your mako is anything like mine or any of the ones I have seen long term (mine is on dive 167 with *no* problems and no floods/leaks) that you will begin to see the value of each....tow the mako...........and let loose with the Gavin (esp in jackson...fresh mako can get you home from the back). Gavins to makos are like ferrari to honda accord......they turn a lot of heads and go really fast but the accord is the only one that will consistently go over 300,000 miles with no major repairs.

Nothing wrong with Gavins but you cannot ever expect to have a high performance machine that won't need some repairs along the line....the speed, depth rating and slickness demand this. Besides if we all rode makos all the time it would be the slow road to the Henkel (aka 20+ min). Just by the mako and then get the Gavin.

Originally posted by WYDT

Hmmm... what are you trying to tell us MD?? Do I need to reconsider my future Gavin purchase??

DSAO!!

Man I must have gotten a freak machine. Three years and no problems. Just changes the batts once and a while and rock on. Have been thinking about a little rework action. I just need to get back that 5% performance lost or the last couple of years.

I am putting a hot charge to the short tube right now. Getting that babe ready for wreck diving tomorrow. It is so nice to just ride down and around the wreck. Man swimming is like so....five minutes ago:) I must ride the scooter.

KLJ

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom