High tide drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divnchuck

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I don't know if this has been asked before, but what does everyone think of hightide drysuits?

My husband had one. They are full neoprene dry suits, which suffer the disadvantage of larger buoyancy swings and losing some of their insulating properties at depth. But they are very well made and very tough. The neoprene is stiff, though -- Peter really had restricted mobility in his, although it appeared to fit him pretty well.

I just looked at them online Home, and they look pretty nice. I never dove one or saw one being used. Looks like they are based mainly on the west coast (Seattle based), but they do have dealers out here on the east coast too. Since you are in CA, shouldn't be a problem to do a demo with a dealer.

I saw pricing listed from $1,700 to $2,800. Pricey.........you could get something just as good (or nicer) for less money. My LDS is www.indianvalleyscuba.com. They are having a really good sale on drysuits right now from DUI, Whites, Bare, etc. Call or e-mail the shop and ask Bev or Brian for information. They will connect you to John (JGLO). He is the drysuit guru. Good luck with whatever you do.

Safe diving to you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom