How to change a dump valve?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
I

Ikelos

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just got my Santi E.Lite drysuit. However, I ordered a Si tech dump valve by mistake. Does anyone know how to install an Apeks High/Low-profile dump valve onto my drysuit? I noticed that the install dock is slightly different from my friend's drysuit with Apeks high profile dump valve. Do I have to make some changes by myself or send it back to Santi? Really appreciate your answers.

I just got my Santi E.Lite drysuit. However, I ordered a Si tech dump valve by mistake. Does anyone know how to install an Apeks High/Low-profile dump valve onto my drysuit? I noticed that the install dock is slightly different from my friend's drysuit with Apeks high profile dump valve. Do I have to make some changes by myself or send it back to Santi? Really appreciate your answers.
I remembered a video on the Halcyon Facebook page. I just searched and found it was posted on July 17th. It has the text below along with a video showing the difference. I would give Orie at Halcyon/Santi a call or email.

𝗔𝗽𝗲𝗸𝘀 𝘃𝘀 𝗦𝗶𝗧𝗲𝗰𝗵 𝗩𝗮𝗹𝘃𝗲𝘀 - Why can’t you use them interchangeably?
▪️
They have different mounting to the dry suit. If you have opted for SiTech valves in the original configuration, an exchange to the APEKS version can be made, unfortunately this is a one-way process.When placing the order for valves: Thermovalves — double check the type you have in your drysuit. SANTI uses 2 thread sizes of valves: SiTech - 33 mm/M33. Or Apeks - 38 mm/M38.

edit: Ah, sorry. I just saw you are located in Australia.

I remembered a video on the Halcyon Facebook page. I just searched and found it was posted on July 17th. It has the text below along with a video showing the difference. I would give Orie at Halcyon/Santi a call or email.

𝗔𝗽𝗲𝗸𝘀 𝘃𝘀 𝗦𝗶𝗧𝗲𝗰𝗵 𝗩𝗮𝗹𝘃𝗲𝘀 - Why can’t you use them interchangeably?
▪️
They have different mounting to the dry suit. If you have opted for SiTech valves in the original configuration, an exchange to the APEKS version can be made, unfortunately this is a one-way process.When placing the order for valves: Thermovalves — double check the type you have in your drysuit. SANTI uses 2 thread sizes of valves: SiTech - 33 mm/M33. Or Apeks - 38 mm/M38.

edit: Ah, sorry. I just saw you are located in Australia.
Really appreciate the reply! I just got an e-mail from Santi, they confirmed what you said: Those valves are in different diameters, I have to send the drysuit to the nearby Santi service centre for the modification. I'm still considering do I need to change it only because I don't like the outward of the valve. It is my first drysuit I really wanna make it perfectly. Will this modification cause any unturnable damage or apply any patch?

Dive it the way you have it now. That is my $0.02 worth.

You are like SOL or will need a manufacturer level modification. Apeks diameter = ~37mm, Si-tech ~32.5mm

Does anyone know how to install an Apeks High/Low-profile dump valve onto my drysuit?

I'm still considering do I need to change it only because I don't like the outward of the valve.

If you don't like the outward why ask about Apeks high

1696360743901.png

Grab a couple of these enlarge your hole glue one on

And if you really want to know, the neo drysuit I am having made at the moment will not have a dump valve

I will be dumping through a cuff tying not to blow a glove off

I know, fingerless

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom